Do you have a passion for horses? Are you a hard worker who enjoys tackling challenges big and small? We are looking for an experienced Ranch Manager to work at our Gypsy Cob farm in Missouri. This position is all-encompassing and includes day-to-day life on the farm with the main focus of riding and grooming the horses. It also includes working with other animals on the farm such as dogs, cats, and birds.
This is a FULL-TIME, LIVE-IN position where you live on the property and work with the horses every day of the week. The owner of the farm travels, so often you would be handling the property and animals on your own. Utilities and rent included in the salary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Care of Horses (Experienced Rider & Care Taker is Essential)
- Management and general upkeep of the farm
- Organization and planning (keeping farm on a monthly schedule)
- Giving shots, grooming, harnessing & driving horses
- Caring for other animals on the farm (Dogs, Cats, Birds)
Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced horse riding (You MUST be an experienced rider who enjoys horseback riding)
- Driving a horse and cart
- Foaling (On a limited basis)
- Handling stallions
- Private apartment on ranch (includes utilities, satellite TV and internet)
- Salary = $2,700 / month
Forward your resume and references to our email address, with a brief note about why you would be a good fit for the job.
- This is a full time / 6 days a week position. However, as the owner is often traveling, you would have to be sure to take care of the animals as if they were your own, even on your day off.
- Owner may relocate within the year, any employee will have the option of moving with the farm and continuing on in the new location.
- Background check and drug testing are mandatory.
Email Address Hidden