Nelson Puett Mortgage Company
Position Title: Ranch Manager/Groundskeeper/Property Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Reports To: Property Owner
Location: Kerr County, Texas
Under designated direction, the employee will perform work of skilled nature in the care and maintenance of two property grounds to include ranch work (no livestock), groundskeeping duties such as mowing, edging, weed eating, planting, and trimming, and various property management duties including basic electrical, plumbing and handy work at both properties.
- Demonstrates safe practices and compliance with property rules at all times
- General work including vehicle, water well, plumbing, lawn, carpentry, painting, and light equipment repair/maintenance.
- Maintenance and upkeep of property buildings, equipment (bulldozers, tractor, etc.), vehicles, and facilities
- Clean up and beautification of properties, including some landscaping and trimming
- Heavy equipment operation and maintenance (tractors, lawn mower, weed eater, blower, skid steer)
- Maintain and oversee all feeders and blinds on ranch property
- Assist with any and other ranch activities to aid in the development and startup process of ranching and wildlife operations
- Assist with maintenance and management of water development on the ranch
- Predator control on ranch of feral hogs, coyotes and varmints
- Maintains service calls and logs as directed
- Assist in additional activities as needed, i.e. preparation of special events, etc.
- High school graduate or GED preferred
- U.S. Citizen or valid working permits/visas
- Experience in general ranch work, equipment/machine maintenance, and/or general landscaping or groundskeeper
- Maintain clean DPS driving record and current, valid state driver’s license
- Must possess basic knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions involved with grounds keeping, working on a ranch and landscaping
- Must have knowledge and proficiency in working with various ranch equipment and supplies required to perform job requirements
- Personal skills – ability to communicate well with others, give instruction, take instruction, effectively and rationally deal with conflicts/deadlines
- Dependability, punctuality, good character, self-motivated and in good health
- Basic knowledge of animals living on ranch property (whitetail deer, black buck, quail, etc.)
- Works on every project with an eye for detail
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Overtime may be required during special events or emergencies
- Work indoor and outdoor in all types of weather conditions including extreme heat, cold or rain
- Strenuous physical labor and heavy lifting are required; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb and descend ladders and stairs to a height of 20 feet without assistance
- Travel from site to site
- Exposure to potential chemical, biological and physical hazards. Dust, fumes, noise, and inclement weather
- Stand, walk, bend for extended periods; reach with hands and arms; talk and listen on a regular basis
- Work around construction and operating equipment
- Flexibility to provide occasional on-duty coverage on weekends with other days off, as needed and arranged
- Maintains employer and employee confidence by keeping information confidential
- Employer paid Employee Health Insurance
- Health Saving Account Eligible
- Paid Vacation & PTO
- Holiday Pay
- Onsite Housing Available
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.