Ranch at the Canyons
Seeking Ranch Manager
Ranch at the Canyons is a private, 1,700 acre preservation ranch set along the Crooked River at the base of Smith Rock State Park in beautiful Central, Oregon. Along with 600 acres of working farmland and vineyards, the Ranch includes 46 private landholdings and more than 500 acres of land permanently protected for conservation.
The Board of Directors for the Ranch at the Canyon’s Association is seeking a Manager for the property that will bring the leadership skills necessary to develop and implement a comprehensive management plan, along with developing a culture that will inspire staff and result in a great place to live for all of its Owners.
The Ranch Manager will oversee all day to day operations on the Ranch. This will include oversight of:
• The maintenance and grounds staff
• Farming operations, irrigation systems maintenance and development, and farming/irrigation staff
• Care of all buildings, ponds, landscaping and equipment.
• All aspects of the Guest Ranch (cattle, overnight rentals, etc) and Agri-tourism Events (Wedding and other events)
• All vendor relations and other Ranch programs, including:
• All contractual relationships – including farming contracts, cattle contracts, etc.
• Interface with Trail Riding and Equestrian care vendor(s)
• Coordinate with potential vineyard contractor and program
• Fishing, trail riding and other programs
The Ranch Manager will be the direct point of contact with many State and local agencies that work within and around the Ranch, including Deschutes County, Crook County, the Deschutes Land Trust, the Crooked River Ranch Watershed Council, the Central Oregon Irrigation District and others.
The ideal candidate will bring a background in farming and/or agriculture, project management and staff management. He/she will be a skilled communicator, possess computer/office skills and be able to operate small farming equipment.
This is a full-time position. Salary and benefits are dependent on experience. Married couples will be considered and housing may be available.
Send cover letter and resume to the [FILLED] and be specific about how your experience matches our requirements.
No information will be accepted at the Ranch at the Canyons facilities. You will be notified by e-mail for any next steps or additional information.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden