Pasion Iberica Ranch
Ranch Manager needed in Johnson City/Fredericksburg, Hill country, TX
We are looking for a mature, experienced individual to join an exciting family-owned start up right from the start. This is the first of its kind in the US.
The purpose of our farm is to breed top quality free-range exotic animals to be sold for high-end meat following a franchise-style business plan proven successful by our parent company. The market is already waiting for this meat, so our focus is on achieving good-quality and efficient production, and planning for growth . We are starting with 60 acres and 21 females who’ve had a very successful first breed, and the immediate needs are to finish preparing the property to use it to its full capacity, and to establish operating procedures and a general set-up that will make daily work more efficient while minimizing recurring costs. We then plan to expand our property and operation within the next few years.
Training on the care and birthing of this gentle animal will be provided, and parent company experts are available when needed via email or phone, and with periodic visits. You’d be in charge of the property, so experience handling farm animals and doing general ranch and land work is a must. Excellent ranch hand lives on site and has proven to be trustworthy and hardworking.
Applicant must live in Johnson City or vicinity. This is a full-time job, but the actual schedule is flexible/negotiable.
• Rotate animals between pastures
• Tag, chip and castrate
• Make feeding and doctoring decisions, feed and doctor.
• Assess for breeding timing, attend birthing animals, weaning, monitor growing and handling new born animals
• Monitor health of animals, care for or arrange for care if there are any health concerns, and maintain detailed electronic records
• Keep detailed electronic record of and manage dead animals
• Ensure protection of animals in cold weather and before/after birthing
• Preserve the ranch’s animal-friendly treatment operating philosophy
• Assist vet and parent company team as needed
• Build, monitor for damage and maintain fences, animal pens and water systems
• Monitor for damage and maintain clean and in good shape barns, facilities and machinery
• Maintain inventory of supplies, equipment, machinery, tools electronically
• Purchase supplies and equipment as needed and maintain electronic records
• Maintain roads clear and in general good condition
• Clearing and maintain fields
• Assist owner with the coordination of ranch growth/improvement projects
• Perform/assist/direct the construction of ranch structures, such as buildings, fences, drainage systems, wells, or roads.
• Manage ranch hand
• Any other items requested by owner
• Minimum of 10 years of ranch management and maintenance experience, including preparation of operational budgets
• Basic farm animal health and nutrition at all stages of growth
• Able to operate and perform general maintenance of ranch equipment
• Fence construction and maintenance
• Basic machine repair and handyman skills are a bonus
• Able to maintain financial, operational, production, or employment records electronically (see animal and farm care above)
• Able to communicate effectively in writing (via text messages and e-mails)
• Able to perform manual labor on a regular basis, rain or shine, hot or cold
• Able to attend birthing rain or shine, hot or cold day or night (birthing can only be planned to a certain degree but once the season begins animals give birth when they’re ready)
• Able to hire and oversee contractors or other help if need arises
• Eligible to work in the United States
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record, no criminal record or outstanding warrants, and drug free.
• Must be able to pass a background check and periodic drug tests
• Must provide professional references
• Must have reliable transportation (e.g. a pickup) that is capable of hauling 1.5 tons and tow 16′ equipment trailer loaded to 4 tons. Mileage will be paid.
• Independent – able to self-manage and prioritize
• Dependable – able to complete projects with no direct supervision
• Proactive – have a vision for growth of the operation and propose projects to owner
• Flexible schedule with ability to respond to critical needs in a timely manner
• Love for animals
Contact us with bio & resume:
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden