Tomcawa Cattle Ranch
Description of Operations:
• Ranch Manager/Foreman – Fulltime
• 660 Acre cattle ranch near Burnet, TX (north of Marble Falls) in Texas hill country
• Commercial 2-300 head cow/calf operation – mixed breed and registered Angus
• Family owned operation with some of family on location
• Pastures are fenced (mostly barbed wire -some electric) for cattle rotation
• Fields are grazed with most additional forage bought from third parties
• Maintain accurate herd data, herd health records, immunizations, and treatment protocols
• Rotate cattle between pastures as needed
• Run and maintain light and heavy machinery;
o John Deere tractors and multiple attachments
o Skid Steer and multiple attachments
o Dump Trailer plus stock and multiple length trailers
o Trencher, mowers, brush hogs, weed eaters, blowers, power washers, etc.
• Proficient in light welding and carpentry
• Mechanical ability for equipment maintenance and minor repair
• Forage and field management; planting, fertilization, weed control, and irrigation
• Standard ranch maintenance;
o Maintain quality fence lines
o Brush control and removal
o Yard and grounds maintenance around four houses, two barns, and stables
• Proficiency in basic computer skills; Word, Excel, Adobe, Email
• Artificial Insemination training and experience is a positive, but not required
• Monitor and maintain security of all lands, houses and assets.
• Commensurate with experience. Living on Ranch is required.
• Three bedroom, 2.5 bath house, modern appliances, in excellent condition provided
• Electricity, water, trash service, home pest control included
• Ranch vehicles used for ranch business. Candidate uses own vehicle for personal business.
• Start Date: Early 2019. Flexible to meet candidate’s current work and/or family situation
• Preference to veterans. Young single or young couple with/without children.
• Horses and pets are permitted
• Honest and hard worker that can participate in accomplishing common goals, pay attention to detail, and improve the Ranch operations is the primary requirement
• Continuously striving to keep equipment, grounds, garden, yards, barns, and stables in good repair and neat is required.
• Candidate must be a self-starter that brings independent ideas to the operation to assist the owners in improving the overall Ranch operations.
• 3+ years experience preferred
A complete and thorough background check will be obtained as part of the interview process.
Contact only by email with full resume, photo(s) and reference list to: [email protected]
PLEASE MENTION YOU SAW THE POSTING ON RANCHWORK.COM!