A family-owned ranch is seeking an experienced ranch and property manager for their 2,000 acre property in Southern Oregon. The ranch and property manager will plan, direct, and coordinate the management and operation of property dwellings, structures, cultivated and uncultivated acreage, river front land maintenance, horses and horse barn, and other day-to-day activities of the vast operation.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and reliable with a keen business sense and sound judgment. A single ranch and property manager or couple will be considered.
- Protect, preserve and enhance all ranch assets and community relations.
- Provide weekly activity reports to the owner and family office.
- Provide updates and recommendations regarding dwelling and property maintenance.
Responsible for operational aspects of the ranch operations including, but not limited to:
- Security and maintenance of buildings, property and animals.
- Coordinate recreational and agricultural operations to ensure that land and asset usage is optimized.
- Develop and implement improvement plans for wildlife habitat, crops and weed control that optimize the aesthetic and recreational values of the ranch.
- Perform and oversee all mowing, trimming, sweeping, raking and general landscape care at the various building locations. This includes irrigation and care of trees, planter boxes and other plantings.
- Maintain the ranch, ponds, streams, creeks and river for purposes of wildlife management of deer, elk, ducks, geese, pheasant and other desirable wildlife in accordance with state and local laws.
- Timely irrigation of the hay, crop and pasture for the use of the properties’ water rights. This also includes developing maintenance and improvement schedules for the ranch’s irrigation equipment, pipelines, and water distribution system. Stay abreast of developments concerning water rights pertinent to the ranch.
- Schedule, complete and record upkeep and repair for ranch equipment, dwellings and outbuildings.
- Responsible for general and overall ranch cleanup. Ensure that the ranch is in “Showplace” condition at all times.
- Ensure all family-used dwellings are cleaned and properly prepared prior to family arrival. Cleaning and ongoing maintenance shall be done throughout the year.
- Maintain all outdoor picnic equipment for use at picnic sites located at the ranch.
- Manage three full-time employees and other part-time positions.
- Maintain positive relationships with neighbors.
- Willingness and ability to provide a wide variety of tasks and complex assignments as assigned.
- Maintain complete confidentiality relative to the ranch and the owners.
Core Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in an agricultural field or prior ranch/property management.
- Experience managing large acreage for a variety of uses.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret complex technical information.
- Communicate professionally (both verbal and written) in response to sensitive inquiries, complaints, or concerns in a diplomatic and effective manner.
- Successful project management of complex operations.
- Must have a sense of urgency and be able to self-prioritize tasks to meet the needs of the family and property.
- Effectively interact with local, state, and federal agencies, as required, regarding regulatory matters.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and have a working knowledge of accounting, financial analysis, and budgeting.
- Effectively and clearly communicate with all employees and family office staff.
- Possess exceptional integrity, discretion, tact, and accountability, with a primary objective to serve and protect the family’s interests in all regards.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k), paid time off, life insurance, employee assistance program, long-term disability.
- Onsite housing and company vehicle provided.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the family.
Forward cover letter & resume to our email address.
Oregon Ranch Jobs
Administrative/Operations Jobs, All Ranch Jobs, Barn Manager Jobs, Equine Jobs, Family Ranch Jobs, Farm Ranch Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Horse Care / Training Jobs, Housekeeping Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples / Teams, Ranch Jobs with Housing, Ranch Manager Jobs, Ranch Supervisor Jobs, Resort Ranch Jobs