Working Property Manager will perform maintenance of, and supervise vendors, as needed, for two vacation homes and surrounding buildings on four hundred (400) acres within a high-fenced area. Additionally, the Manager will oversee the safety of wildlife and coordinate general land management throughout the entire 400-acre property.
The Property Manager will work directly with multiple ranch owners to develop goals and strategies for proper ranch operations and procedures for guests of the ranch.
- Employee will work in multiple environments, primarily outside and between buildings/houses.
- The work schedule is generally 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, although this can vary seasonally, with less time in winter months and increased time in summer months due to the frequency of guests.
- Mowing and Edging – Maintenance to include mowing around houses, outbuildings, tennis court, and creek, or for contracting with a provider for such services. Needed biweekly April – November and weekly if there are guests present. Seasonal attention, especially in spring, to flower bed preparations around homes as well as winterizing as needed.
- Pools – Maintain swimming pool and hot tub to include weekly checks of all pool equipment and chemical levels. When guests are present, basic tests should be made daily.
- Perform pest control.
- Basic procurement of household supplies including cleaning supplies, propane tanks, drinking water for the water station.
- Perform quarterly equipment checks, replace all A/C filters in all three houses, change water filters, and clean ice makers in creek house.
- Ensure house systems and amenities are in good working order, including HVAC, phones, television/DirecTV, cellular booster, soft water tank, heated flooring in creek house, landscape lighting and irrigation, electrical systems, and all kitchen appliances.
- Irrigation – ensure irrigation is working for all three houses. The irrigation system covers multiple acres of lawn.
- Trees – contract, as needed, for tree feeding, pest control, pruning, etc.
- Maintenance of several small ranch vehicles, both gas-powered and electric cart.
- Birds: seasonally clean out/lift/lower purple martin feeders.
- Miscellaneous and other duties as required.
Land Management duties are also required. Additional details can be given.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least five years’ experience with rural property management, particularly with Texas hill country homes. Applicant must be motivated to complete projects with little or no direct supervision once trained.
- Ability to interact via email and text, as well as general computer knowledge to relay information to owners is required.
- Pleasant interpersonal skills are required to interact with multiple owners, guests, and vendors.
- Self-starter and motivated.
- High school diploma required.
- Capable of lifting, pushing, or pulling up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Reliable transportation.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work in various conditions, with exposure to weather elements, noise, and heights.
- Ability to work in and around water at various levels.
- Standing, walking, and sitting is routinely required, as well as vision (corrected or uncorrected) that allows for clear visibility at distance but also 20” or less for any detailed needs.
- Candidate must be able to pass an initial, as well as periodic, drug screening, and background checks.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden
Administrative/Operations Jobs, All Ranch Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Caretaker Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples/Teams, Ranch Manager Jobs, Ranch Supervisor Jobs