Twin Willows Ranch
Twin Willows is an idyllic family ranch with over two thousand private and secluded acres in Northern New Mexico. Previously a recognized performance horse operation – the ranch is now a sanctuary for those seeking relaxation and beauty. The ranch’s progressive ownership and management focuses on a high standard of animal care and an ecological approach to our pastures, mesas, riparian areas, and wildlife. We host some land health workshops and do various wildlife and plant monitoring.
The ranch is located less than 20 miles from Angel Fire, two hours from Santa Fe, 90 minutes from Taos.
The primary responsibility for the Ranch Resident Operations Assistant of Facilities, Equipment, Land, and Animals’ is to act in the capacity an assistant to the ranch owner and to the general manager in the overall management of the ranch, performing such duties as may be assigned from time to time. A domiciled couple may be considered for this position.
Salary: $44,000- $58,000
The duties and responsibilities of the Ranch Resident Operations Assistant include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Residing at the ranch, in the resident assistant’s house, and providing vigilance for the ranch during after work hours.
• Assisting the ranch owner in administrative and operations tasks when the owner is at the ranch or at the direction of the ranch owner or the general manager when the ranch owner is not at the ranch, coordinating the performance of these tasks under the guidance and direction of the general manager.
• Coordinating and working under the direction of the ranch owner and/or general manager, to schedule ranch visitors and contractors; coordinating, and with the assistance of staff, maintaining all ranch equipment and rolling stock.
Assisting staff with the following:
• Feeding and care of horses, cattle, goats, dogs, cats and other animals on the ranch premises;
• Stacking, unstacking, and handling baled hay and sacked feed that may weigh up to 70 pounds each;
• Cleaning and maintaining the barns, sheds, and shop building and assisting and directing staff with the maintenance and grooming of the arenas;
• Constructing, maintaining and repairing all fences and roads on the ranch;
• Caring for and maintaining pastures;
• Gardening and maintaining lawns and landscaping, which may include lifting and moving rocks, logs, and other material that may weigh up to 70 pounds;
• Maintaining and assisting with the housekeeping of residences on the ranch;
• Thinning forested areas of the ranch as needed or directed by the general manager and/or ranch owner;
• Cleaning and maintaining all stock tanks and waterers;
• Other duties may from time to time be assigned to the Ranch Operations Assistant that will entail work with staff or working individually.
The ideal candidate has these qualifications:
• Is a self-starter;
• Able to lift at least 70 lbs. in the form of hay bales, rocks, sacks of grain, etc.;
• Likes animals;
• Some knowledge of horses, cattle, dogs, cats and goats;
• Able to operate a tractor and common implements;
• Able to drive a truck pulling a horse trailer;
• Able to take and give directions;
• Able to work as part of a team or individually;
• Is drama free, and has ego and temperament in check;
• Some computer skills including Microsoft office;
• High school diploma and higher.
We are willing to train the right person (right person means: self-starter, drama free, willing to learn, willing to work, willing to work with other people; willing to stay off social media while working)
• Comfortable two-bedroom house w/utilities
• PTO, Healthcare, Disability, Life, Dental, SIMPLE IRA (after one year of employment)
• Salary starting around the national median for the individual; national family median for a couple after a six-month review period (the salary will be slightly lower during the review period)
• Can board up to 1 horse and other animals are negotiable (2 horses for couples). Must be willing to treat, ride, and school personal horses humanly and professionally as defined by ranch management.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden