The High Lonesome Ranch
Ranch Services Manager will be responsible for directing the Guest Service operations and overseeing the administrative operations of The High Lonesome Ranch Property, located north of Grand Junction Colorado.
This position will focus on the development and execution of new business opportunities and all parts of Ranch Administration including, but not limited to, the management of human resources, sales, marketing, accounting, and the overall management of full time, part-time, and seasonal staff as they relate to the Guest Services operations and general administration of the property. It is imperative that a successful candidate possess a self-motivated work ethic. This position will be accountable for achieving budgeted revenues/profits, while maintaining the operational and service standards prescribed by The High Lonesome Ranch ownership, managing members/Board and General Manager.
Responsible for implementing and executing HLR’s Ranch Service operations as set out by the Board of Directors and General Manager.
SALES & MARKETING TASKS
- Research and development of new business opportunities, cooperative partnerships, contract review and logistical requirements.
- Develop a Marketing plan befitting Ranch goals and operations, representing Ranch ethos with both seasonal and repeatable annual activities, events, including bespoke activities.
- Development of new business with best-in-class third-party partners.
- Resolving special customer requests with sound business decisions, conducting tours
- Outreach and sales calls, and actively participating with other Ranch management.
- Collaborate with Livestock & Agricultural Manager & team to ensure optimal recreation activities and areas for all Guests
- Ensure Ranch staff understands national sales and marketing programs and promotions.
GUEST SERVICE TASKS
- Ensure highest quality and consistency of Ranch service in all activities, actions.
- Monitor service trends and metrics with data and cost-accounting metrics.
- Communicate with guests, review written Guest comment cards, Guest tracking information to ensure service standards are maintained.
- Review individual guest surveys, Guest satisfaction reports, online reviews, verbal comments, and the service recovery/defect tracking.
- Resolve all service issues via written communication or phone calls to complete the satisfaction of our Guests.
- Empower and guide all employees to resolve Guest questions and/or complaints.
- Coordinate implementation of service strategies for The High Lonesome Ranch
- Recognize employees for demonstrating outstanding service initiative with guests and fellow associates.
- Review inventory control and selling strategy multiple times a day. Monitor house count to ensure rooms are ready for Guests at check-in.
- Ensure food safety and sanitation.
- Complete room inspections and property walks.
- Ensure compliance with liquor laws and regulations.
- Provide highest quality of service to our Guests at all times and ensure that employees of department do the same.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of Ranch service staff.
- Interpret company policies and provide a safe work environment by ensuring compliance with safety programs and job safety analysis.
- Source talent, interview applicants, facilitate orientation, and train new employees. Conduct ongoing training to increase job knowledge and skill level.
- Coach and counsel employees to encourage positive behaviors and correct negative behaviors.
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist employees in solving work problems.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate employees to achieve related goals.
- Comply with all regulations and guidelines for Human Resource tasks.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, disciplinary measures, and terminations.
- Be knowledgeable of employee benefits procedures and administration. Guide or direct employees to benefits information.
- Ensure proper hiring practices comply with eVerify, I-9, ADA and EEO requirements.
- Ensure accounting policies are in place and strictly adhered to. Manage the internal accounting of the property.
- Input and reconcile invoices.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained in accordance to the service standards and outages are reported and resolved in a timely manner with the Maintenance and Landscape Supervisor.
- Responsible for management systems – accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, scheduling, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all standard operating procedures and Ranch procedures.
- Ensure employees follow safe working procedures.
- Responsible for passing safety and compliance audits.
- Act as primary contact for vendors not assigned to other departments.
- Help employees adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook and individual department procedures.
- This position must perform other managerial duties as assigned, of which the employee is capable. Hands on work may be required at times.
- This position may need to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary based on events scheduled at the property.
- Able to carry out supervisory duties for any department under the direction of the General Manager. Prepare and communicate a Monthly Report to the GM and/or Board.
- Attend HLR meetings as needed by the General Manager
- Be communicative and pro-active with existing and future owners
- Communicate HLR Model, Adaptive Grazing, Regenerative Agriculture and other Landscape Initiatives and onsite practices to HLR and HLI guests, staff, partners, etc.
- Collaborate with Livestock & Agricultural Manager & team to ensure optimal recreation areas for all guests
- Collaborate and cooperate with The High Lonesome Institute and HLR Partners on specific initiatives (as needed), to further the goals of The High Lonesome Ranch
This position is being filled with the assistance of the Gallium Group.
Additionally, an Assistant Ranch Services Managers position is also being filled.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden