J.R. Simplot Company
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Ranch Supervisor position available at our BUSINESS facility, ZX Ranch, in Paisley, OR.
Directs and coordinates activities of ranch, including irrigation and/or farming where pertinent, to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. Will communicate regularly with management and work with support services.
• Directs workers engaged in the production of livestock including but not limited to the following: feeding, doctoring, calving, branding, weaning, moving on and off the range, and shipping.
• Supervises the care of the ranch horses by breaking and weaning colts; shoeing saddle horses; and breeding mares. Must be able to manage and properly care for horses/horse herd.
• Supervises the planting, irrigating, and harvesting of any pastures and/or crops associated with the ranch.
• Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
• Supervises the cowboy crew in the movement of cattle on the range in compliance with Company policies and procedures as well as any applicable state and federal agencies’ regulations.
• Directs all maintenance of ranch properties including housing, outbuildings, fencing, and ranch and/or farm equipment. Must have basic equipment maintenance skills and show a high standard of care to all ranch equipment, tools and properties.
• Assists in the planning of capital improvements to the ranch including but not limited to the following: fencing, water troughs, pipeline installations, corrals, etc.
• Coordinates activities of ranch personnel to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness by initiating or suggesting plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals. Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Assists in identifying ranch costs that may be reduced; assists in the maintenance of costs to remain within budgetary constraints. Confers with administrative personnel and reviews activity and operating reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet schedules. Suggests changes in working conditions and/or procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness of work crew. Maintains time and production records related to the ranch’s operations and personnel.
• Associate’s Degree (A.A. or equivalent)
• Five or more years related experience and/or training in a ranch environment.
• Prior supervisor experience.
• Must understand breeding and calving programs and bull management.
• Must have understanding of BLM and USFS allotments and range management.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Must possess valid state driver’s license and good driving record.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit while driving a pickup.
• The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands/fingers to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, and depth.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
• The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Disclaimer – These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
• Visit www.simplot.com/careers
• Select Job Search
• Select Current Opportunities
• Select All Open Positions
• Apply to Job ID#5260
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden