Four W Farm
Hiring Recreational Ranch Caretaker (couple preferred)
Four W Farm – Recreational Ranch – Parker County, Texas
Beginning Date: Mid Fall 2019
Fort Worth family is seeking an experienced, professional, trustworthy caretaker (couple) to manage operations of their 213 acre recreational ranch 9 miles south of Weatherford, TX.
The ideal couple will have experience managing a recreational ranch and maintaining the orderly operation and meticulous appearance of the house compound and property. Separate live on property accommodations available. 5-10 years of similar experience along with a proven record of longevity are preferred but not required. Commitment of 5 years is desired. Exceptional references required. This is a part time job, therefore, other contract work may be taken on as long as it does not interfere with caretaker responsibilities.
Minimum of 20 hours per week average is expected and will vary seasonally and project dependent.
Must be self motivated and can work independently.
3 bedroom private house on location available with separate 6 acres fenced pasture.
All utilities (electric, phone, internet, trash and TV) not included
Salary negotiable pending resume/experience – no other benefits or insurance
Bonus available after 3 years
Duties and required skills – examples:
- House compound yard upkeep – mowing and trimming
- Small engine upkeep and repair – mower, weed eater, chainsaw, blowers, power sprayers, etc
- Swimming pool – maintenance
- Trim trees
- Longhorn cattle (6) – feeding / general care
- Caretake house “Gatehouse” full responsibility for upkeep and maintenance of house and yard
- Pasture shredding as needed
- Owner laundry – towels and sheets
- Special projects and capital improvements – as request by owner
- Clean houses (16 beds 4 separate facilities) – after owner use – clean, laundry, bedding.
- – – 2X month on average.
- Maintain inventory of house supplies – purchase as needed
- Sprinkler repair as needed
- Dead tree removal as needed
- Cattle, deer and fish feed/feeders (3)
- 3rd party contractor hiring and supervision as needed
- Weekly record keeping of maintenance and jobs preformed
- References – 3 minimum – not related
- Prior experience not absolutely necessary but desired
- Small engine repair and maintenance
- Farm equipment experience – tractor, cutter, box blade, small plow
- Honest, trustworthy and self motivated – no drugs, criminal record, heavy drinker
- Non smoker preferred – No smoking in house
- English speaking
- Long term commitment – 5 years minimum
- Light welding
- Light plumbing
- Light electrical
- Light carpentry
Only apply if you want to live in the country, willing to clean, maintain grounds, plan to stay awhile, physically fit and in good health.
Applicants: please forward bio & resume to email.
Email Address Hidden