Seeking a ranch hand for a private Montana ranch near Choteau MT. Ranch hand will assist the manager and staff by maintaining the bison herd, property, and equipment in a sustainable and respectful manner. This is a full-time seasonal position. Must have flexibility in work schedule including working evenings and weekends. Room and board provided.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fence repair; demolition and construction
- Vehicle and machinery maintenance and operation
- Water system repair; maintenance and construction
- Bison herd care including low stress handling, pasture maintenance and herd moves.
- Tree removal
- Weed spraying and removal
- Trail maintenance
- Facility maintenance and repair
- Travel between properties may be required.
- Assorted duties as requested by the ranch manager.
- The candidate must be available to work May through August with later end dates available for the right candidate.
- Able to work independently
- Able to take directions
- Basic CPR and First Aid (Training is provided).
- High School diploma or equivalent with 2 years of experience
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs
- Current driver’s license.
- Pass a background check
- Must be 18 years of age
- Legal to work in the US
If interested, and able to fulfill requirements, please forward cover letter, resume, and at least two references to our email address.
Email Address Hidden
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.