Seeking a ranch hand for a private Montana ranch near Choteau MT. Ranch hand will assist the manager and staff by maintaining the bison herd, property, and equipment in a sustainable and respectful manner. This is a full-time seasonal position. Must have flexibility in work schedule including working evenings and weekends. Room and board provided.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fence repair; demolition and construction
- Vehicle and machinery maintenance and operation
- Water system repair; maintenance and construction
- Bison herd care including low stress handling, pasture maintenance and herd moves.
- Tree removal
- Weed spraying and removal
- Trail maintenance
- Facility maintenance and repair
- Travel between properties may be required.
- Assorted duties as requested by the ranch manager.
- The candidate must be available to work May through August with later end dates available for the right candidate.
- Able to work independently
- Able to take directions
- Basic CPR and First Aid (Training is provided).
- High School diploma or equivalent with 2 years of experience
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs
- Current driver’s license.
- Pass a background check
- Must be 18 years of age
- Legal to work in the US
If interested, and able to fulfill requirements, please forward cover letter, resume, and at least two references to our email address.