Bull Hill Guest Ranch
The main duty of a Wrangler is to entertain and socialize with guests both on the trail and off. In an average day, we usually do two rides, one in the morning at 9:30 and another in the afternoon around 2:30. You will be required to meet with your assigned “group” of guests and discuss/schedule a ride time, length and type. Other days you may be required to take a group out all day. Socializing with guests on rides and hospitality is the most important aspect of being a Wrangler at Bull Hill Guest Ranch. A wrangler’s day starts at 7:00 a.m. and ends at 6:00 p.m. with a long break mid-day after lunch.
Certain days you may also be asked to help with cattle drives in which guests may or may not come along. Other duties will include general ranch chores, grounds keeping and barn cleaning.
The last ride of the day usually gets done by 5:00 p.m. In the evenings, guests gather in the main lodge for dinner, drinks, campfire, horseshoes, etc. where Wranglers are required to be present to interact with guests until around dinner.
Primary Details and Responsibilities:
- Wranglers will be asked to take guests on trail rides and cattle drives
- Wranglers need to have great people skills and display the utmost hospitality in catering to all guests’ needs.
- Be able to go above and beyond to entertain guests, especially children in creative and new ways.
- Wranglers do not necessarily need to be expert riders. Horsemanship skills and safety can and will be taught on the job.
- Socialize and entertain with guests and occasionally bartend (not required and only for 21+)
- Help with ranch work e.g.) cleaning barn, mowing, other ranch work.
- Must be able to start in May/June and end sometime August-October. Ideal start and end dates are May, 1 – Oct. 15
- Salary: $2,100/month salary plus room, meals & drinks.
- Wranglers get 1 day a week off. If multiple days are needed at one time, that will need to be scheduled ahead of time.
- We try to create a flexible, friendly and relaxing atmosphere for our wranglers. We operate under the idea that if our staff is having fun, our guests will as well.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden
Washington Ranch Jobs