We have a small private ranch that is in need of a capable and trustworthy couple who are able to help take care of many aspects of life here in the mountains with little supervision.
This is a part-time residence for the owners and open for some weeks in the summer for paying guests.
Only animals on the property are saddle horses that are used for private riding. No livestock. Horses go to pasture in the winter.
Property is 140 acres and includes 5 cabins, a barn (with living accommodations upstairs), a lodge with a dining room, western saloon and movie theatre and a separate building: gym/workshop.
Operating as a guest ranch for a few weeks in the summers.
Couple team must be comfortable living in the mountains and be comfortable in an isolated environment in the winters.
– Year-around contract, start date as soon as possible.
– Days off must be approved by the owners.
– Weekends off when owners are not on property (after horses are fed, if they are not out to pasture yet.)
– Buildings maintenance/care which includes: Basic plumbing, property/furniture/repair, general hardware, minor carpentry, electrical maintenance and fencing.
– Lawn care and weed control.
– Road maintenance including grading.
– Winterizing buildings in the fall.
– Maintenance and use of mechanical equipment.
– Trash hauling/recycling as required.
– Tree harvesting and wood storage for fireplaces and general property maintenance for fire.
– Manage horses in the summer months (they go to Pasture in the winter).
The spouse of the ranch manager will be responsible for:
– Detail oriented cleaning/housekeeping and keeping cabins ready for guests (both family and guests).
– Cooking while owners/guersts are at ranch, including grocery shopping and maintaining all supplies needed (cleaning and toiletries).
– Helping out with other ranch duties may be asked when needed and primary priorities allow.
– Weekly update and task completion list – reporting to be done on Friday’s.
Previous ranch management experience and plumbing, driving heavy machinery and electrical knowledge will be given preference. There is a great opportunity for a long term position if you thrive in this environment. Serious inquiries only.
Expectations and amenities:
– Housing on premises with all expenses paid (3 Bed Room Ranch house, fully renovated (brand new appliances and fully furnished).
– Includes Netflix, Wifi, Landline and Electricity/Water/Heating/ + Computer
– You will have full access to facilities at the ranch including private access to the National Forest and the Wilderness Area (1.5 million acres).
– Owner to provide equipment for maintenance and repair of property, lawn mower(s) and all other equipment.
– Both of couple are expected to provide confirmation of health insurance.
– Ranch truck, fuel, and insurance provided and limited to ranch business only.
– Both of couple should have Drivers license, SSN or EIN and will be required to submit to a background check.
The successful applicants will be self-motivated and have experience, flexibility, trustworthiness, above average work ethic, no-drama. They will be self-starters, teachable, friendly, accountable and like-minded with the family. They will have ability to complete work without supervision and be reliable, organized and honest. No smoking/No drugs/No pets please.
We are looking forward to a work and personal relationship with you and to welcoming you to our little slice of heaven.
Salary: $45,000 a year for couple
Forward bio & resume to:
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden
Montana Ranch Jobs