We are offering a great opportunity in a beautiful setting with room to grow, competitive compensation and a wonderful team. We are in search of motivated, enthusiastic and passionate horse loving people for the position of Show/Barn Manager for Pomponio Ranch, LLC (PR). PR operates ranching and equestrian businesses out of two locations. We are at PR South which operates an equestrian facility in Rancho Santa Fe, CA. We train horses and riders for elite international horse show jumping competition. Karl Cook and Eric Navet are the two primary elite riders for Pomponio Ranch. The facility also accommodates third party horse boarders who keep and train their horses on site.
The position is based at the 22-acre facility in Rancho Santa Fe, CA. The facility accommodates up to 44 horses: 24 in the main barn and up to 20 in annex stalls. For riding and care of the horses, the facility houses a riding arena, large grass field, paddocks, horse treadmills and an equine spa. In addition, there are third-party boarders as well as offices, laundry and common use areas in the barn.
To be considered for this position, YOU MUST HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE. Please forward your resume to our email, OR you can request an application be emailed to you.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work with Show riders to determine show schedules
- Manage all horse and show registrations and planning, including travel and lodging arrangements for team and horses
- Manage and submit all show expenses, receipts and statements of show winnings to Fox Hollow in a timely manner
- Ensure all passports are current
- Obtain health certificates, coggins, and all necessary documentation when leaving the state
- Ensure horse show team has all updated vaccines
- Schedule and manage 3rd party riders, as needed
- Manage 3rd party horses on Pomponio’s property – show entries, etc., and create invoices for training program and showing activity
- Ensure registration and insurance are up to date on all vehicles and trailers
- Keep all fleet (Dually + Semi/trailer) compliance paperwork and inspections up to date
- Obtain permits for vehicles traveling out of state
Oversee all Barn activity including:
- Managing grooms, stall cleaners and temporary workers, including recruiting/hiring/firing, scheduling, timecard approval, performance reviews, vacation schedule, disciplinary actions, handling any questions/concerns
- Managing all horses, e.g. care, program, medication, etc.
- Schedule farriers and vets and ensure information is captured, saved and shared (e.g. Basecamp)
- Work with Vet to perform treatments and follow-up on horses
- Order shavings, hay, grain, supplements, tack, medication and other necessary supplies
- Schedule and manage night checks and blanketing, as needed
- Maintain and track petty cash/emergency checks with supporting records
- Oversee domestic help for barn and apartments
- Arrange for caterers, rentals and other vendors for Pomponio Ranch parties.
- Work with Pomponio Ranch Controller to review and approve invoices and credit/debit card charges in a timely manner
- Manage and maintain organized files for vendor information
- Manage and ensure the flow of information between Vet, Riders and Owner via phone, Basecamp, email, text, etc.
- Develop strategy (e.g. timing, uploads, etc.) & manage all social media for PRS
- Assist Ranch Manager on personal administrative needs (optional & if time permits)
- Management experience and at least 3 years’ experience in similar role
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Work effectively with minimal supervision; self-motivated and self-starter
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge and background in the Equine industry
- Flexible and open work schedule
- Ability to travel a significant amount of the year (for shows)
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden