STALL CLEANER/FEEDER needed at scenic ranch in San Gregorio, CA, working alongside a wonderful team, plus competitive pay and employee benefits …
does this catch your attention?
Pomponio Ranch is a horse and cattle ranch located between San Gregorio and Pescadero. We are offering a great opportunity in a beautiful setting with room to grow. We’re currently looking for a stall cleaner/feeder to help out on the Ranch.
To be considered for this position, please forward your resume to our email, OR you can request an application be emailed to you.
WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER CANDIDATES W/ RELEVANT EXPERIENCE.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Clean horse stalls, outside pens, turnout area, walker/ round-pen
- Feed horses
- Make feed for the next feeding, including reloading buckets and hay cart
- Fodder feed and clean trays
- Take fly masks on and off horses
- Feeding and bringing sheep, Alpacas, pigs, and cattle in/out
- Ensure horse barn, tacking area, pastures, water troughs, hay barn and surrounding areas are clean
- Mow grass/ weed eater
- Turn horses out in pastures/moving pastures
- Irrigate horse pastures
- Move irrigation pipe for crops
- Miscellaneous Ranch work
- Experience and knowledge of caring for equines is preferred
- Knowledge of safe work practices around horses and other livestock
- Experience in monitoring animal appearance/behavior and communicating any necessary information to superiors
- Must have proof of authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to lift 80-100 lbs.
- Must be 18 years or older, non‐smoker and drug-free
- Clear background check
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (basic level)
- Work effectively with minimal supervision
- Physical requirements::
- — Ability to work outdoors, on uneven, slippery terrain in varying weather conditions with dust and allergens
- — Ability to twist, bend, kneel, climb and use hand tools as necessary
- Safely operate ATV /golf cart
- Strong commitment to team work
- Ability to adhere to the organization's policies, procedures and regulations