Full-time Summer position, May 1-Sept 1, 2021 in Northern Colorado
WORKING AT THIS PRIVATE RANCH IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY. IT IS A REMOTE, BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAIN LOCATION. STAFF HAVE COME BACK SUMMER AFTER SUMMER AND WE ENJOY GETTING TO KNOW THE EMPLOYEES AND HELPING TO MAKE THEIR TIME WORTHWHILE AND A GREAT ADVENTURE AT THE RANCH.
When the owners are not on the property:
Realistically, there is not a day-to-day routine. Each day you will be faced with something new whether it’s housework, yardwork or ranch-work. You may not be given specific tasks to complete each day, therefore you must be extremely self-motivated. Here are some general tasks you will most likely be completing weekly:
- Hours 8:00-5:00 Monday-Fridays. When owners are onsite you will work through weekends and longer shifts, with either extra pay or time off during the week.
- Clean cabins throughout property of dead flies, mouse traps and an occasional dead bat. Must be able to get “down and dirty” to complete work.
- Hand vacuum the pool every other day and check/adjust chemicals daily
- Feed fish along the the river
- Exercise and ride horses and have ready for anytime the owners are coming. Irrigate fields, pull out beaver dams, set mouse traps, water lawn by tennis court, sweep the arena/wash rack, clean arena apartment, clean main house/guest house, clean cabins, replace light bulbs When preparing for owners’ arrival.
- Exercise horses
- Stock house with snacks, fill fridges with water
- Stock each bathroom with toilet paper, soap, lotion shampoo and conditioner
- Wash four wheelers
- Fill four-wheeler with gas, sweep driveway/garages
- Open curtains
- House must be spotless: dust, vacuum, including all bathrooms, bowling alley and gym, and movie theater
- When making beds also leave water bottles on night tables When owners and/or guests are visiting.
- Hours: 8:30 am – approximately 8:30 pm or when the kitchen is fully cleaned after dinner hour
- Morning: check schedule prepare horses if horseback ride is taking place initially when you get to house: tidy bedrooms, open curtains start laundry, clean kitchen from breakfast hour, go around house and clean up previous night’s mess in main areas such as great room and bowling alley
- If a trail ride is taken be back at barn to unsaddle, you may also be required to go on trail ride as well
- Lunch time: set tables, put out water, help chef with some prep and getting food out, clean up after lunch
- Dinner time: set tables, put out water, help chef with some prep and getting food out, clean up after dinner
- At night: shut shades in bedrooms, make sure water on night tables. When owners are in town you work through weekends and will have time off after the fact.
- Owner's clothing washed, folded, and put away. Make sure bathrooms always have soap, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and toilet paper. Water in fridges and beer in bar fridge
- Keep house clean while guests are in town
- Private house available for living quarters. Meals provided when owners are at the Ranch
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden