Xanterra Travel Collection
Join our team at Grand Canyon National Park! Are you enthusiastic about hospitality, people, and beautiful places? By working at Grand Canyon National Park, you will get all three! As part of the Trail Crew Team, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to our guests!
JOB SUMMARY: Safe and efficient maintenance of Bright Angel and South Kaibab Trails. For this position, you must have extensive experience handling horses or mules, and proven equestrian skills.
As our employee, you receive FREE employee housing through December 21, 2022, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of Grand Canyon National Park, this is your change to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
- Assist with the repair of mule-related impact on the Bright Angel and South Kaibab Trails.
- Maintain an efficient packing system to maximize time at work sites.
- Repair gear as necessary and report defective equipment to the Trail Crew Lead.
- Assist the Trail Crew Lead and Livery Management with the safe and healthy use of mules in the trail crew operation.
- Adhere to all safety, risk management and environmental policies.
- Overnight stays at Phantom Ranch may be required from time to time. Based on the mixed-gender nature of the Trail crews and limited employee housing at the bottom of the Canyon, employees may be required to share room accommodations with team members of the opposite sex. Employees will have access to gender-specific shower and restroom facilities, but will be expected to sleep in a co-ed bunk house.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive experience handling horses or mules, and proven equestrian skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have own saddle and tack.
- Ability to learn two-way radio system.
- Ability to handle extremes in weather and working conditions and exposure to outdoor conditions.
- Possess physical agility and ability to stay in the saddle for extended periods of time.
- Possess physical ability to hike in and out of sites when necessary.
Selected candidates will be required to take a student ride into the Canyon to make sure they can handle the depth, heat and terrain of the Canyon. The student ride will be free, but their travel expenses and lodging while they are here are not included.
TO APPLY: Visit link here and complete application: https://www.xanterrajobs.com/xanterra-home/jobs/28238/job?mode=job&iis=Job+Board&iisn&=RanchWork