Willow Creek Ranch
We are a private horse ranch located near Mount Shasta in Northern California, with miles of forest trails, lakes, creeks and breath taking views. An outdoor enthusiast’s dream, with a whole host of activities available on the ranch and in the local area, in the summer and winter, including but not limited to hiking, fishing, boating, swimming, skiing, and snowshoeing.
We are seeking a talented and motivated person to drive our draft teams. Since horse-drawn transportation is a crucial aspect of our ranch, our wagon driver is a very important employee. This opening is for an individual who will drive our draft teams on the ranch which includes conversing and educating guests on various horse topics as they are interested. In the summer months this position is in charge of two draft teams including carrying out high level care and exercise programs on top of taking guests on wagon rides. In the winter, the drafts do not stay on the ranch this person would shift to assisting the saddle horse team with keeping their horses legged up.
We have 13 horses, including Quarter horses and 2 draft horse teams, alongside fantastic training facilities including an indoor and outdoor arena, round pen, and brand new barn.
- Tack or harness horses prior to (and take care of at end of) wagon or trail ride, completing a safety check of the equipment every time and maintaining equipment condition and appearance.
- Drive team on forest trails with wagon and guests regularly during summer months.
- Ride saddle horses during winter months.
- Follow grooming, feeding/watering schedules for each animal. Dispense and apply prescribed medications and treatments to animals.
- General care of the horses to include feeding, grooming, mucking, bathing, turn out, etc
- Basic doctoring of wounds and administering both IV and IM injections as required.
- Experienced draft horse driver
- Strong customer service skills.
- A positive attitude with the ability to work well in a team or independently using your own initiative.
- Experience driving a truck and trailer.
- Competitive hourly pay based on experience.
- Subsidized health care.
- High quality housing available including all utilities.
- One (1) personal horse allowed.
How to apply: Send your resume and a recent riding video to our email address.
References required. Non smokers only.
Email Address Hidden