Circle Z Ranch
The Wrangler position at Circle Z Ranch for the 2022-2023 guest season begins on Monday, October 3, 2022 and ends late-April 2022.
Circle Z Ranch is seeking an experienced wrangler for our team that can meet our high standards of exemplary guest service and safety combined with horseback riding that is second to none. We offer an amazing variety of trail rides throughout various landscapes that keep our guests returning year after year. Attention to detail along with a friendly and energetic personality are a must for this position.
The Wrangler position will require a love of horses and people, strong work ethic, and ability to work well with others.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead ranch guests on trail rides six days per week (2 half day rides or one full day ride)
- Conduct rides in a safe and courteous manner as instructed by Foreman
- Give horseback riding lessons and trail orientation to guests as requested by Foreman
- Feed, groom, and saddle horses
- Keep holding pens and tack house area clean and organized
- Clean and mend tack
- Trail cleaning and brush removal
- Treat horses for minor injuries and vaccinate
- Efficiently adjust to last minute changes
- Attend staff and department meetings
- Shoeing horses as needed
- Training horses as needed
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years wrangling experience
- Driver License with clean record
- Ability to learn and navigate trails
- Ability to ride horses and lead trail rides
- Excellent physical condition and stamina to work irregular and long hours
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
- First Aid and CPR Training (Circle Z Ranch will provide this training if hired)
- Experience driving manual transmissions
- Experience hauling trailers
- Experience horseshoeing
- Experience starting colts
Working Conditions for Wranglers:
- Working outdoors in all types of weather
- Sitting in the saddle for long periods of time
- Lifting, reaching, stooping , kneeling, climbing, riding
- Working with horses and other livestock
- Exposure to desert wildlife
- Working weekends, nights, and holidays
- Exentended periods of work without time off may be required
The specific requirements, duties, and skills set forth in this job description are intended to be all-inclusive as of date this document is prepared. Circle Z Ranch reserves the right to modify this job description at any time. This job description may not contain all the duties you may be asked to perform during the period you work at the ranch. Further, the job description is not a guarantee that you will perform any of these duties.
Salary: Newly hired wranglers at Circle Z ranch will receive a base monthly salary of $2,600 for the first 44 hours worked per week. Additional time worked will be compensated at $13.64 per hour. Wranglers are eligible for guest gratuities and a season-end bonus.
Forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info. With your application, please send us a video of you working with your horse.