Lajitas Equestrian Center
Imagine living and working in between the beautiful Big Bend National Park and Big Bend Ranch State Park. We are a hidden oasis in the desert surrounded by mountains. Whether you are at work or home the views are amazing in every direction.
Our purpose is to support Lajitas Vision of being recognized by our customers as the “Friendliest Resort in Texas!” You should champion this culture in every touchpoint of our business from our associates, guests, owners, and communities. The service and courtesy you extend and promote on a daily basis will ensure a healthy and productive culture of serving others with excellence.
- -Daily operation and maintenance of stable facilities
- -Feeding horses, inspecting and preparing horses and riders for guided trail rides
- -Conducts guided horse rides and guided shooting sports activities
- -Load and unload move, store, and care for hay, feed, and tack
- -Leads guests on various shooting activities; including 5-stand, combat range, and cowboy action
- -Practices safe shooting skills while instructing first-time shooters through advanced shooters
Ideal candidate requirements vary by position but all positions have the following similar qualifications:
- -Team Player
- -Guest Service Oriented
- -Reliable and Efficient
- -Self Motivated and Self Starter
- -Positive “Can-Do” Attitude Willing to Go Above and Beyond
- -Independent and Capable of Working with Little or No Supervision
Lajitas Golf Resort offers an exceptional benefits package:
- -Low-cost housing and reduced-cost electricity and utilities.
- -Medical, dental, vision, and supplementary benefits are available for all full-time/permanent employees beginning after your first 3 months and paid time off after 6 months of full-time employment.
- -All employees are eligible for discounts on rooms, services, and retail products.
- -Complimentary employee fitness center, employee laundry, and employee swimming facilities
- -Unlimited Golf in your free time, Horseback Riding, and Shooting Range Access.
- -Discounted ziplining and local activities such as river trips through local outfitters.
- -Provided lunch Monday through Friday at the Employee Cafeteria
Getting Here and Getting Around
We are located on Highway 170 where the road bends to meet the Rio Grande which is 17 miles southwest of the junction of Highways 118/170 at Terlingua, Texas. The resort is tucked between Big Bend National Park and Big Bend Ranch State Park.
To put it in perspective, we are approx. 200 miles to the closest Wal-Mart in Fort Stockton, and 95 miles to the closest McDonalds or stoplight in Alpine! We are here because we love remoteness. No traffic, no big-city lights, creates an environment of peace and quiet and unsurpassed stargazing!
While a vehicle is not required at the resort with housing close to the facilities, a vehicle is useful for major shopping or outing trips to Presidio, located 55 miles southwest of the resort, or Alpine, located 95 miles north of the resort.
The Big Bend region is full of adventure and places to explore! Whether you want to hike the national and state park, or hike right out your front door on the resort’s 27,000 acres! We also have river access so you can kayak, paddleboard, or just go swimming whenever you like! Like mountain biking? We have hundreds of miles of trails to explore. Like to play music? The eclectic town down the road of “Terlingua” has some restaurants and bars that feature open mic nights for local musicians!
There are more restaurant and shopping opportunities as close as 12 miles away. A full day trip could take in the Big Bend National Park, Big Bend Ranch State Park, Fort Davis, and its historical park and town; the McDonald Observatory; art, shopping, and the Sul Ross State University in Alpine; the Marfa Lights and the town of Marfa; and much more!
Forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.
Visit website here: https://www.lajitasgolfresort.com/
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden
All Ranch Jobs, Equestrian Ranch Jobs, Equine Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Horse Care / Training Jobs, Horseback Riding / Trail Guide Jobs, Hunting Ranch Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Resort Ranch Jobs, Wrangler Jobs