Madonna Inn Trail Rides
Immediate positions open. Wranglers are responsible for the day to day care of the corral, tack and horses. Wrangler’s first priority is the safety of the guest & horses. Wrangler must adhere to the horse program put in place by the JHHORSES and Madonna Inn Trail Rides while under the direction of the Head Wrangler. Although hired as a Wrangler, employees must also be willing to do all jobs asked of them.
Wrangler duties include but not limited to:
- grooming feeding and saddling horses
- conduct safe and fun rides for the guests
- ability to be in control of your ride and stay alert for any safety issues
- help with evening activities
- maintain fence and corrals
- stack hay
- operate a tractor to feed
- inspect and hook up truck and trailer
- must be a confident rider
- must be able to communicate to guest how to ride, and have the fortitude to enforce it.
- have a working knowledge of horses, tack, and ranch work
- ability to engage the guest in conversation both on the trail and at the ranch
- ability to put in long hours all season
- valid drivers license
- ability to lift 75 lbs repeatedly
As a wrangler, you are interacting with the guest often and must be able to think on your feet and keep the guest happy without violating JHHORSES and Madonna Inn Trail Ride rules and regulations. All employees are required to have current basic first aid and CPR from the Red Cross before arriving at the ranch. Cal Poly and Cuesta students encouraged to apply.
Pay is DOE.
Contact us with bio & resume: