Ranch Hand Needed in Northern CA
Morgan Hill, CA
Small private family ranch needs a ranch hand / land caretaker / handyman to manage all aspects of the property on a daily basis. Our ranch is a simple operation with 15 to 20 cows, older barns, a few mini donkeys, etc. We are located in Morgan Hill, CA, which is Northern California near San Jose and San Francisco.
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
• Animal Care – Daily feeding and care of animals as well as cleaning.
• Landscaping – Maintenance and new installation. Tree trimming, irrigation, mowing and general upkeep of the property. New installation of grass, irrigation system and vegetation
• Fencing – New construction of barbed wire as well as a residential no climb fence. Maintenance of older barbed wire fencing.
• Water Management – Maintenance of water for animals as well as property, including troughs, water lines, irrigation, etc.
• Handyman – plumbing, electrical, concrete and carpentry repair work as well as building shade structures.
• Operate Machinery – Must be able to operate a tractor, landscape machinery, tools, and riding mower.
• Individual Requirements – Highly motivated, honest, dependable, hardworking, non-smoker, and able to work with little to no supervision. English is required. Must be able to follow instructions and communicate effectively with ranch owners. Flexibility is a must. Rarely but sometimes, there are urgent situations like a calf being born, or an illness, or a broken water pipe.
Please note this is not a horse operation. Taking care of the animals is important but it is only a small portion of the day. The rest of the day is oriented more towards manual labor projects.
Includes $1300 a month gross salary plus a private 2 bedroom residence and free utilities. Background check will be run. If you are interested, I look forward to speaking with you to determine if this is a fit!
Cell (408) 644-6200