Beyul Retreat, a backcountry adventure lodge meets wellness retreat, is now hiring for a talented Assistant Property Manager who will be responsible for addressing an array of cabin and property maintenance duties.
Given our remote locale, situated an hour away from the nearest store, the majority of maintenance and repair tasks are conducted in-house. This pivotal role demands a versatile skill set, essential for upholding the high standards of our expansive remote retreat center.
This job is for you if you are excited to live in the backcountry, with access to wilderness right outside your cabin door, enjoy fixing broken items, and have an affinity for snow-covered landscapes! This is a live work opportunity with on-call duties.
In addition to the physical tasks required at Beyul Retreat, there is also a communal aspect to this position, within work and lifestyle. Whether during events, build projects, or daily maintenance, the Beyul Retreat has a small, committed team that requires strong social skills and maintenance. We hope to find someone who can work collaborative, iterate on procedures constantly, and communicates effectively in a wide variety of contexts.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is a migavor, a true enthusiast for fixing broken items, who thrives on the satisfaction of transforming the old into new. A natural leader, you possess the uncanny ability to rally a team and steer them toward success with an inspiring blend of guidance and camaraderie. Your spirit is as boundless as the great outdoors, and you relish any chance to explore and conquer the beauty of nature. With a track record in similar properties, you bring a wealth of experience that will seamlessly meld with our unique environment. Above all, you’re not just seeking a job – you’re seeking a community where you can immerse yourself fully, living and working harmoniously with like-minded individuals who share your passion and values.
It’s a plus if you …
- Have a passion for health, wellness, and the outdoors with a strong personal practice
- Have experience with hospitality properties
- Have experience managing others
- Respond to and handle guest requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
- Maintenance of 20 individual structures/cabins
- Restock wood and kindling to cabins
- Maintain hot tub and sauna
- Perform preventive maintenance and necessary repairs on all retreat equipment, including commercial kitchen, laundry, boiler, propane heaters, electrical and guest rooms.
- Maintain and fix plumbing issues.
- Make rounds of the hotel property to ensure everything is in working order.
- Clean and maintain all equipment and work areas.
- In charge of all landscaping duties and irrigation.
- Report any unsafe conditions to leadership.
- Self-manage and report duties
- Support and work with all Head of Departments in all aspects of running this retreat center.
- In compliance with all fire, health and septic codes.
- Maintain an organized workshop, supplies and storage spaces.
- Support housekeeping team and duties
- Audio Visual Set Up Tasks
- Venue set up
- Catering support (trash, dishes, serving)
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to maintain and repair plumbing and electrical,
- Carpentry, repair work, construction and renovation work a plus
- Required to drive pick-up truck and snow removal equipment.
- Ability to maintain logs and records.
- Requires a professional presentation and an ability to work in a team atmosphere and to make independent decisions.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Driving farm tractor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to hear portable radio, fire alarms, machinery, guests.
- Ability to inspect, maintain equipment.
- Lifting up to 80 lbs
Education & Formal Training
High school diploma or equivalent trade school, special courses in building maintenance and construction.
A minimum of 6 months of successful experience in an equal or similar position.
- Net compensation package of up to $76,600
- $55,000 salary
- 10 PTO days
- Onsite living quarters
- 401(k) program
- Option to buy Ski Spass through Aspen Chamber Association
- $307/month employee healthcare premium contribution
About Beyul Retreat
Beyul Retreat took over the historic Diamond J guest ranch outside of Aspen, CO in late 2020 and has transformed the century-old property into a hub of art, live music, wellness & outdoor adventure. Beyul Retreat has already received rave reviews from the Wall Street Journal, Vogue, Denver Post, Houston Chronicle, Yoga+Life, Aspen Times, Aspen Daily News, and more. Our guests & clients choose Beyul for its creative, inspiring, and unique vibe that sets it apart from a traditional guest ranch or event venue.
Email Address Hidden
Colorado Ranch Jobs
All Ranch Jobs, Entry Level Ranch Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Hand Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Jobs with Housing, Ranch Mechanic Jobs, Ranch Technician Jobs, Wedding / Event Ranch Jobs