Colorado’s Greatest Assistant Ranch Manager Needed for Family Ranch
Thank you for checking out our listing.
Our family owns and operates a 4,000-acre ranch adjacent to National Forest in one of the most beautiful settings in Colorado. This ranch focuses on agricultural (hay and cattle), hunting operations, vacation rental management and family use. This is a working ranch that also operates as a year round destination for family members to vacation. We are recruiting an assistant ranch manager who will grow into the ranch manager position within 2 years, or as soon as we are confident you are ready to run the show.
If you have been ranching for more than 8 years and are the type of person that fixes something right away, loves to work outdoors and will outwork anyone, and can hack it in the office or out on a tractor, then you are who we are looking for.
It is very critical that you are (1) EXTREMELY reliable, (2) proactive, (3) detail oriented, (4) have a solid understanding of technology, (5) have a positive/no-excuse attitude (6) and are humble enough and willing to learn what you do not already know. Please do not apply if you cannot answer yes to all 6.
To start, this will be a full-time position beginning April 1st, 2022 and includes housing, a ranch truck, cell phone and subsidized medical insurance as well as competitive pay.
What will you be doing?
- Hay management including seeding, fertilizing, harvesting and selling
- Support of family members and assisting them in the enjoyment of the ranch
- Cattle management of 600-800 feeder steers that come in from May-Sept
- Hunting management of approximately 15-20 elk, deer and bear hunts per year
- Vacation rental management including bookings, coordinating cleaners and guest relations
- Structure maintenance and repair
- Equipment management and maintenance of all hay and ranch equipment
- Office work and record keeping in order to maintain and improve the ranch operations
- Assisting in quarterly and annual planning to determine the ranch’s priorities, executing on those priorities
- PROACTIVELY DOING ANYTHING YOU SEE to help improve the ranch
What do you need to do to apply?
- Send one email to us with the following items:
- – – Resume as an attachment
- – – List of references from past 3 positions
- – – Please go to this website: https://take.surveys.ci/s/CFCD810000/40393 and take the work-related survey.
Congrats you made it to the end. Email us and let’s get started.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000 – $58,000 per year
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Westcliffe, CO 81252: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Ranching: 8 years (Preferred)
All Ranch Jobs, Cattle Ranch Jobs, Family Ranch Jobs, Farm Ranch Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Hay Ranch Jobs, Hunting Ranch Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Manager Jobs, Ranch Mechanic Jobs