Geronimo Trail Guest Ranch
We are seeking a Chef to start immediately and work through the end of our season in early December 2022. Season 2023 from late-February through early December is also open for discussion/retainment.
Come join us in our beautiful area of southwest New Mexico, located at 6,500 feet elevation in the ponderosa pines. Explore the Canyons, Creeks, Forests and Mountains of the 3.3 million acre Gila National Forest during your free time!
- Do you LOVE to cook healthy, delicious, nourishing meals for people?
- Do you LOVE to make people happy and help give them the best vacation they have ever had?
- Do you LOVE to cook from scratch and use the freshest ingredients possible?
- Would you LOVE to run your own kitchen making the menus, shopping for all the ingredients and creating all your own dishes?
- Are you FLEXIBLE and WILLING to accommodate special diets and requests?
- Are you ORGANIZED and EFFICIENT?
If you answered YES to the above questions, this may be the job for you!
Season: mid-February to early-December
Position Type: Full-time, seasonal.
Considerations: We are a small ranch (12 guests max) and we are very remote. You need to have your own transportation to work here and be comfortable with long periods away from town/city life as we are located 2 hours from the nearest town. There is no cell phone service at the ranch, so this is a great opportunity to disconnect from technology and reconnect with nature and the important things in life! Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate pets as the ranch has plenty of animals!
- Salary $3,000/month.
- Share of tip pool during the guest season. (We can't promise a number, but this often adds about $2,000/month to the salary!
- Room and board included. Living accommodations are a fully furnished private room and bathroom behind the kitchen. Please note we cannot accommodate spouses or families.
- Satellite TV, laundry and limited Wi-Fi are included.
- Incentives available for finishing the season and returning for more than one season!
Typical Day: Working on a ranch consists of long hours, not your typical 9-5. A normal day during our guest season starts at 6 AM and goes until dinner is cleaned up and evening activities are over. One day off per week maximum during the guest season. You will be able to hike and explore our beautiful area during your time off! Staff must be well groomed, flexible, able to take constructive criticism and be a team player. Western attire is preferred.
- All menu planning, including bringing your own recipes to the table. Menu will fall within the guidelines of Western/Southwestern/Ranch cooking with a healthy twist, using the freshest ingredients possible.
- Weekly grocery shopping, keeping staples stocked and food service orders.
- Full food preparation: 3 meals a day for up to 6 nights for a maximum of 18 people when we have guests.
- All cleanup including dishes.
- Accommodating special dietary needs including but not limited to Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan and any Allergies and Sensitivities.
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness & organization in accordance with NM food service permit.
This job is breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day for up to a full week of guests. If you are PASSIONATE about feeding people healthy, delicious, nourishing meals using as many fresh ingredients as possible and ENJOY spending your time in the kitchen this may be the job for you! This is a solo job (no assistants) which is great for those who enjoy working alone and running their own kitchen!
A background and credit check will be required prior to a job offer. We require staff to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and to follow current New Mexico protocols.
Please look at our website www.geronimoranch.com to learn more about the ranch.
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate pets, spouses, or families. Thank you for understanding.
How to Apply
*Please read all the above information very carefully!*
Email [email protected]:
- COVER LETTER – what applicable experience do you have and why would you be an asset to our operation?
- DATES AVAILABLE
- RESUME highlighting your applicable experience.
- REFERENCES – Written Letters or Contact Info from 3 Former Employers.
ALL INFO REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED
Email Address Hidden