Fish On Ranch
Full Time, Seasonal – August 1 – September 30
Fish On Ranch is seeking a new team member with culinary experience to prepare and cook fresh, healthy meals to the ranch guests on a daily basis. Sourcing high quality ingredients, maintaining cleanliness and organization in the kitchen and providing an excellent guest experience are the key elements of this position. The ideal candidate is an ambitious and hard working individual who values the opportunity to spend the summer living and working at a ranch, surrounded by world-class fly fishing and outdoor activity. We would consider a husband/wife team for this position as well.
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties as necessary for guests of the ranch, typically between 10-20 guests at a time
- Procurement of high quality ingredients and curation of fresh, healthy menu items on a daily basis
- Maintains kitchen cleanliness including dish washing and organization
- Ensure that the production, preparation, and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation
- Creation of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment
- Consults with ranch managers and guests on the daily requirements, dietary restrictions, special orders and any last-minute requests
- Possess good knife skills
- Have a strong knowledge of various world cuisines and diets including vegetarian and vegan cuisines
- Possess at least a basic knowledge in all sections of the kitchen; sauce, vegetable, butchery, salad, pastry, garde-manger, grill, stoves
Physical Demands: The physical demands of the role include but not limited to; being on your feet for long periods of time, bending, using step ladders, lifting up to 50lbs, working in a hot environment, working in a cold environment
Hours of Work: Expected hours of work vary by season and business demands. Hours may be less than 40 during slow weeks/months, or could be as high as 50+ during peak season. Work activity will skew towards the weekends.
Education and Experience: Holding a culinary degree is preferred but not required. You must have at least 3 years of experience in either a high-end restaurant, ranch and/or hotel property.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Weekly salary of $700 per week + tips
- Housing, including utilities; no rent
- Internet, and cable at no cost
- 24-hour gym access
- Fly fishing and recreational activities available during non-working hours
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Visit website here: https://www.fishonranch.com/