Membership-owned private club in a quiet Berkshire town has a full-time, live-in position available as head chef and innkeeper/clubhouse manager for a qualified individual or a couple. Successful candidate(s) will be responsible for maintaining guest services and consistent guest experience, along with maintaining strong relationships with the surrounding township and its resources.
Our community promotes outdoor, athletic and social activities. We offer a lifestyle position nestled on the shores of a mountain lake surrounded by 2,500 acres of serene wilderness. Year-round privileges when living in such an area include hiking, swimming, boating, fishing, hunting, skiing, skating, tennis, cycling and more. Location offers proximity to Berkshire cultural centers as well as the Greater Hartford area.
Qualified candidate(s) must have experience in food preparation and service, in hospitality services/housekeeping, and must have their own transportation. Compensation package includes competitive salary, excellent benefits, paid vacation, and room and board.
The House Manager/Executive Chef is responsible for creating and maintaining a congenial atmosphere in the Clubhouse, for the daily operational management and security of the Clubhouse and its outbuilding, and for meal preparation, service, and related support for member events. The position is full-time and year-round, with the busiest season from Memorial Day to Labor Day. The position reports to the Chair of the House Committee.
- Education, training and experience in food preparation for larger groups.
- Superior communication skills, especially as related to customer service and hospitality.
- Supervisory/management experience (required to supervise and coordinate additional temporary staff for larger events).
- Good organizational and technical skills.
- The ability to manage information and provide records of Club activities, costs, etc.
- Must have own transportation (use of which for Club business will be reimbursed).
- Must be able to lift moderate to heavy object
- Creates as welcoming atmosphere in the Clubhouse for members and guests.
- Functions in a congenial, gracious manner with all Club members and guests.
- Accommodates special requests from members for meals and private events.
- Respects that the Clubhouse is the social center of the Club, and encourages and accommodates use and enjoyment of the Clubhouse by all members, their families and their guests.
- Plans quality menus and establishes meal pricing in cooperation with House Committee representatives and event hosts.
- Shops for, prepares, and serves meals throughout the year according to a seasonal schedule.
- Provides breakfasts, lunches, and dinners as requested by Club members and guests at the Clubhouse.
- Prepares food on order for takeout from a limited takeout menu.
- Prepares and serves food at large gatherings, such as summer barbecues, and holiday celebrations throughout the year.
- Provides a continental breakfast for guests staying at the Clubhouse if requested.
- Tries recipes suggested by members, particularly member hosts of an event.
- Maintains Clubhouse facilities and equipment in excellent condition.
- Maintains the kitchen (and kitchen equipment) in an orderly way, without clutter, and in compliance with all health code requirements.
- Schedules regular inspections with the Tolland Health Inspector.
- Works with the House Committee Chair to arrange for any repairs requiring outside contractors.
- Orders and maintains general Clubhouse supplies.
- Outfits rooms for expected guests, and operates guest quarters as an inn ready for immediate occupancy.
- Keeps the Clubhouse outbuilding (the shed) and refrigerator in the shed in neat and clean condition.
- Maintains records regarding costs, membership billing, inventories, activities, contractors’ and suppliers’ charges, petty cash receipts, debit card transactions, etc. to manage Clubhouse in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Hires and supervises outside help and monitors hours and compensation as required to support Clubhouse activities.
- Ensures the Clubhouse is clean and well maintained at all times.
- Consults with the House Committee regarding the operation of the Clubhouse and the planning of events.
- Maintains the Clubhouse gardens (foundation plantings) and Clubhouse patio flower pots, keeping them planted, watered and weed-free.
- Ensures safe winter access to the Clubhouse and outbuilding (clears snow from walkways and sands as needed).
- Practices sound security habits in relation to the Clubhouse and Club property.
- Knows how to respond effectively in an emergency.
- Collaborates with the Outside Manager to ensure continuous security.
- Informs the Outside Manager and House Committee Chair of any security issue.
- Keeps abreast of town community activities and concerns, and communicates same to House Committee Chair as appropriate.
Please submit resume & cover letter to info below:
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden