The High Lonesome Ranch
LANDSCAPE & MAINTENANCE MANAGER – ROLE
This position will be responsible for the primary maintenance and landscaping of The High Lonesome Ranch Property, located north of Grand Junction Colorado. This position entails the upkeep of maintenance and landscaping of all physical buildings, special use facilities, equipment, rolling stock and infrastructure at The High Lonesome Ranch property. This position will report and coordinate with the ranch’s Livestock and Agricultural Manager as well as the Ranch Services Manager. The ideal candidate should be well-organized and possess a “Team Player” attitude. It is imperative that they assure that all ranch facilities are ready for owner and/or guest occupancy and must possess a self-motivated work ethic.
- Responsible for implementing and executing HLR’s Ranch Service operations as set out by the Board of Directors and General Manager.
- Administration Tasks
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards.
- Perform and/or coordinate maintenance of all buildings and special use facilities on the property.
- Perform and/or coordinate maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.)
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality.
- Maintain all appliances and other like type devices.
- Inspect alarm systems (fire/protection) and schedule repairs when needed.
- Perform manual repairs of general property on ranch property when necessary (fix gate locks, maintain fencing, etc.)
- Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying for bugs and other preventative measures.
- Conduct and/or coordinate general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.)
- Form and manage a preventative maintenance program and calendar for ranch property.
- Manage vendor relations as applicable to this position.
- Assist in budget preparation and ensure that the budget for this department is followed.
- Ensure all interacts with ranch guest are positive one through every interaction, with every guest, every time as part of your vital role as ranch personnel.
- Interpret company policies and provide a safe work environment by ensuring compliance with safety programs and job safety analysis.
- Source talent, interview applicants, facilitate orientation, and train new employees.
- Conduct ongoing training to increase job knowledge and skill level.
- Coach and counsel employees to encourage positive behaviors and correct negative behaviors.
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist employees in solving work problems.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate employees to achieve related goals.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, disciplinary measures, and terminations.
- Act as primary contact for vendors within this department.
- This position must perform other managerial duties as assigned, of which the employee is capable.
- This position may need to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary based on events scheduled at the property.
- Able to carry out supervisory duties for any department under the direction of the General Manager.
- Prepare and communicate a Monthly Report to the GM
- Attend HLR meetings as needed by the General Manager
- Be communicative and pro-active with existing and future owners
- Communicate HLR Model, Adaptive Grazing, Regenerative Agriculture and other Landscape Initiatives and onsite practices to HLR and HLI guests, staff, partners, etc.
- Collaborate with Livestock & Agricultural Manager & team to ensure optimal recreation areas for all guests
- Collaborate and cooperate with The High Lonesome Institute and HLR Partners on specific initiatives (as needed), to further the goals of The High Lonesome Ranch
- Proven experience as maintenance technician. Preferred five years of experience in general maintenance commercial and/or residential construction.
- Proven experience with heavy machinery and operation. Preferred five year experience in heavy civil construction and/or engineering.
- Proven experience with vehicle maintenance, logs and
- Two years of project management and/or engineering is required.
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic, plumbing and other systems.
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods.
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices.
- Knowledge of city/county project permitting processes and standards, basic surveying skills, and ability to pass governmental inspection reviews is a must.
- HVAC and small equipment experience are a plus.
- Experience with project bidding formation, procedures, and budget experience are preferred.
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills.
- Good physical condition and strength.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus.
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) is desired.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Position Type: Fulltime
Base Pay: $40,500 – $60,000 (salary) DOE
Education: High school or equivalent (Required). Combination of education and experience will be considered.
Work Location: The High Lonesome Ranch, DeBeque Colorado.
- On-Site Housing Is Available for Rent, if Vacancy is Open.
- Clothing Allowance
- Leave Consisting of Vacation, Sick, and Holiday
- Life Insurance
- 401k Vested Matching
- Performance Bonus
TO APPLY: Forward bio & resume to our email address.
ABOUT THE RANCH
The High Lonesome Ranch
A working and guest Ranch with conservation at the core of all our activities sits along the spine of the continent on the Western slope of the Colorado Rockies. The High Lonesome Ranch has dedicated significant resources and efforts to conserve and restore these important habitats and watersheds. We continue our mission on this iconic landscape for the land itself and for wildlife. The Ranch partners with local, regional, and national landowners, research institutions, NGOs, government agencies and private companies to understand these vast lands, direct regenerative activities, and share what we learn with others.
Everything we do at the Ranch begins with the Land. The Ranch encompasses 370+ square miles of private and leased mountain forests, grasslands, spring creeks, wetlands and alpine mesas of altitudes ranging from 4,200 to 9,400 feet. The Ranch is dedicated to an economically sustainable operating model that incorporates quality guest services, a livestock and agriculture operation and multiple initiatives to support and enhance these lands. Regenerative ranching, including adaptive grazing and regenerative agriculture, uses natural processes to not just sustain the land as it is today, but restore it and share with our many guests and partners. More information about the ranch can be found at: https://thehighlonesomeranch.com
Administrative/Operations Jobs, All Ranch Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Ranch Caretaker Jobs, Ranch Foreman Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Manager Jobs, Ranch Mechanic Jobs, Ranch Technician Jobs, Resort Ranch Jobs