JOB TITLE: Ranch Hand
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
Sellmark Corporation looks for individuals who excel in their role and are committed to delivering an exceptional experience for our customers and employees. We look for individuals who are passionate in life and bring those qualities to work every day. Do you instill confidence, trust, and respect, encourage success and build relationships? We are looking for people like this to join our friendly, engaged, professional team.
Looking for an experienced Ranch Hand to assist in 4,800 acres in Fairfield, TX. Must be trustworthy, have good communication skills, be self-motivated and able to work independently with little direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS – Property and Equipment
- Maintain roads and clear property.
- Brush control/Lawn and tree maintenance (knowledge of land and grass management a big plus).
- Basic knowledge of handling of cattle (various cattle works throughout the year).
- Maintenance and upkeep of ranch equipment, vehicles, and facilities.
- Heavy equipment operation and maintenance (tractors, skid steers, backhoe’s).
- Game management – manage feeders, stands, and improve forestry, natural areas, and water projects.
- Haying (June through September).
- Hunting preparation and possible guiding (October through February).
- Other various day to day ranch tasks.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The employee is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid drivers license with a good driving record.
- Must be in good physical condition and have minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Hunting/Shooting and or Outfitter experience a Big Plus.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Willing to undergo and pass a background check and drug screen.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. The employee will be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull and operate hand tools (may include operating heavy machinery), office machinery and motor vehicles. The employee must be able to lift up to (50) pounds. Specific work assignments may change without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The majority of work will be performed in a non-climate-controlled environment. The employee will be exposed to severe, inclement weather and varying degrees of extreme temperature. The employee may be exposed to various industrial chemicals and cleaning agents, as well as strong odors and loud noises.
Typical work schedule is M-F 7am to 5pm. Must be flexible to work outside of normal operating hours during different ranch peak seasons.
- Compensation $15 to $19 per hour – Depending on experience.
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Paid vacation.
***No Housing is offered
To apply, forward your bio & resume to our email address.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.