Sienna Ranch connects youth to nature through compelling outdoor experiences in order to foster a compassionate and environmentally aware future. We provide farm education and immersive nature programming to youth PreK-8th grade. Our program offerings also include woodshop, natural building, archery, horseback riding, gardening, science, pottery, survival skills, naturalist skills and more. Sienna Ranch is situated on a 21-acre family-owned ranch in Lafayette, CA.
The Sienna Ranch Facilities Technician reports directly to the Facilities Director and performs a variety of duties including maintaining, repairing, operating and cleaning the ranch grounds and property facilities. A strong applicant will be a “jack/jill of all trades” with training in many different fields including but not limited to: automobile/tractor operations/maintenance, plumbing, electrical, fence repairs, concrete work, cleaning/disinfecting procedures, power tool operations, and general construction.
- Non-exempt. Hourly. Full-time. Year-round.
- School Year Schedule (approx Sept-May): 30-35 hours per week, occasional weekend work may be required
- Summer Schedule (approx June-August): 35-40 hours per week, occasional weekend work may be required
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform daily startup tasks including waste removal and safety checklists
- Maintain operation and cleanliness of all campus facilities including but not limited to: bathrooms, outdoor classroom spaces, facilities workshop, kitchen and staff break areas.
- Follow proper cleaning and disinfecting procedures in accordance with Sienna Ranch COVID policies, OSHA Requirements and CDC guidelines.
- Perform ongoing and preventative repair work through the property and manage ongoing repair list.
Maintenance tasks may include but are not limited to the following:
- Regular preventive maintenance on machines and equipment including tractor, ranch truck, and other machinery
- General plumbing knowledge for changing faucets, unplugging drains, using an electric snake, experience with sprinkler work and timers.
- Gardening, cutting lawn, shrubs, trimming trees/hedges.
- General building and site repairs including painting and periodic roof patching.
- Complete animal pen maintenance and fixes.
- Demonstrate safe work practices perform tasks according to the Sienna Ranch Safety Program and enforce safety policies and procedures
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Review and understand equipment and methods of operation
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Assist Instructor Staff with daily facilities needs
- Communicate with instructors, animal care, and administrative staff as necessary, proactively address any issues which may arise in a professional, respectful and appropriate manner
- Maintain prompt and professional email communication
- Encourage respect and compassion between with all Ranch staff and students, as well as respect for the Ranch animals, equipment, and facilities
- 2-4 Years of relevant experience.
- High school diploma. Trade school degree/diploma a plus.
- Experience/familiarity with farm animals (horses, goats, sheep, chickens, ducks) a plus.
- A sincere passion for Sienna Ranch’s mission to connect children to nature.
- Committed to being an active part of a solution-oriented, self-motivated, cooperative, professional community atmosphere
- Able to work with minimal direct supervision and to independently problem solve
- Perform work in outdoor environments with exposure to elements (including direct sun and rain).
- Perform general housekeeping tasks like sweeping, washing, and also waste disposal throughout the day, as needed
- Standing, Walking, Sitting, Reading, Stooping, climbing Ladders, crawling in /through low/confined spaces;
- Hand and Finger Dexterity, Clear Speech, Hearing/Listening Reading and Writing, basic Math and Analytical Skills, Judgment, Problem Solving and Decision Making; and Heavy Lifting and Moving of Ranch Equipment.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs
- Current First Aid and CPR for Adult and Child certifications
- Ability to pass FBI/DOJ background check for working with children
- Clean and current driver’s license
- $16-18/hr based on experience
- Kaiser HMO Medical and United Health Care Dental HMO Coverage after 90 days of employment
- 401(k) available after one year of employment
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and at least 3 references to our email to be considered.
Sienna Ranch is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic team committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color and other groups traditionally under-represented in outdoor education.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Visit website here: https://www.siennaranch.net/
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden
Administrative/Operations Jobs, All Ranch Jobs, Farm Ranch Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Caretaker Jobs, Ranch Hand Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Mechanic Jobs, Ranch Technician Jobs, Resort Ranch Jobs, Summer Ranch Jobs
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.