We’re a small family with a big dream: transforming our 100-acre homestead into a resilient, regenerative, diversified family farm. We’re committed to sustainable, organic, and permaculture practices, and we’re looking for a dedicated, experienced and collaborative Farm Manager to help us make this dream a reality.
Our hill-farm property has multiple ponds, a small orchard, 20 acres of pasture, and over 90 acres of hardwood forest and sugarbush. These natural features provide a diverse range of agricultural and ecological opportunities we’d love to explore. With power and water in the barn and workshop, and potential housing on the property, suitable for an individual, couple, or family, we’re ready to take the next step in our journey.
We are in search of a passionate individual, couple, or family to partner with us. The role extends beyond traditional farming responsibilities to encompass comprehensive management of the homestead, with a strong focus on establishing a self-sufficient and resilient lifestyle. As part of our farmstead, you’ll not only contribute your skills but also have the opportunity to share in this lifestyle.
- Plan, design, and implement permaculture farming practices for the homestead, taking full advantage of the pastures, ponds, and forest.
- Procure and prepare site for the introduction of livestock, including cattle (meat steers and dairy cow), poultry (laying hens and meat birds), and potentially other livestock
- Develop passive irrigation, fencing, and rotational grazing systems
- Manage day-to-day farm operations, including planting, harvesting, routine animal care, milking, and seasonal processing
- Manage annual kitchen and production gardens, ensuring their health and productivity
- Establish perennial food forest
- Implement cover cropping, no-till farming and permaculture practices.
- Minimize pesticide use and explore natural pest management techniques.
- Maintain and repair buildings, equipment, and infrastructure as needed.
- Handle year round maintenance projects, including weather-proofing, plowing, shoveling, landscaping, trail maintenance, woodlot management, long-term food storage systems, etc.
- Collaborate with our family regularly to ensure the farm aligns with our vision and goals.
- Coordination with external vendors, partners, and suppliers as needed
- Experience in holistic, integrated farming and homesteading
- Knowledge of permaculture principles and regenerative farming practices
- Proficiency in animal husbandry and garden, field, and orchard management
- Proficiency in building and equipment maintenance and repair
- Strong commitment to resilience, sustainability, and community engagement
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills
Why This is a Great Opportunity:
This position offers an exceptional opportunity for an experienced farm manager, dedicated couple, or a family. Nestled in South Woodstock, VT less than 10 minutes from the idyllic village of Woodstock – rated by Conde’ Nast magazine as “the most beautiful small town in America”, our farm enjoys the beauty of Vermont’s countryside and is situated within a wonderful family-friendly community, complete with top-rated schools, a wealth of cultural opportunities, a national park, Killington Ski Mountain, and countless nearby amenities.
As an integral part of our farm, you’ll share in the potential bounty of our homestead. We are committed to nurturing the land and cultivating a diverse range of fresh, sustainably-grown vegetables, fruits, and pasture-raised meat and eggs. Our dream is to share this future harvest with those who contribute to our farm’s growth and success. This means you’ll have the chance to be a part of the journey towards providing wholesome and delicious produce and protein, fostering a deep connection with the future fruits of your labor.
We are looking for a candidate committed to seeing through the execution of the vision outlined above. This position is envisioned as a full-time role, while adapting to the seasonal nature of farming. We are also open to part-time arrangements for highly efficient candidates with a track record of exceptional performance.
We are open to different compensation arrangements, including hourly pay, BYO housing, or on-site housing in exchange for work. We’re open to involvement in profit-sharing of farm goods sold after covering operational costs, as well as full access to the farm’s produce and products. Compensation will be discussed with the right candidate based on experience and goals alignment.
How to Apply:
If you are a skilled farmer, a dedicated couple, or a family looking to immerse yourself in a sustainable, resilient life in the beautiful setting of South Woodstock, VT and if this opportunity aligns with your passion and experience, we’d love to hear from you.
Please email us the following:
A letter telling us about your background and experience and why you would love to be considered for this opportunity.
We’re excited to welcome a dedicated Farm Manager to our team and collaborate in the growth of our homestead to create a resilient and abundant future together.
Email Address Hidden
Vermont Ranch Jobs
All Ranch Jobs, Cattle Ranch Jobs, Family Ranch Jobs, Farm Ranch Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Organic / Regenerative Ranch Jobs, Poultry / Chicken Ranch Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples / Teams, Ranch Jobs with Housing, Ranch Manager Jobs, Ranch Supervisor Jobs