Private 375 Acre Family Farm in the Appalachian Mountains of TN is Hiring
Farm Hand / General Laborer needed. Private family farm starting from the ground up. We are looking for a few individuals eager to be a part of this project. This position includes room and board in shared caretakers quarters. Each project we tackle will bring pride in workmanship as we work together to create an amazing farm. There is room to grow career wise with this position for the right person. We have big plans and want to find the right team to get us there!
This is a rural property with very limited cell reception. We are about 30 minutes from town.
We are building a self sustainable farm that is private. We are looking for long term dedicated individuals who are willing to put in a hard days work and then enjoy the evenings fishing on our 11 acre private lake. .
- Maintains the buildings on the property through basic care.
- Maintains the property grounds including the roadside, property entrances, fencerows, lake, pastures, ATV /walking trail, farm roads, and boundaries of the 375 acre farm.
- Repairing/ installing fencing when needed.
- Help with development of organic planting areas for large kitchen gardens/ greenhouse.
- Understanding of irrigation systems
- Working to remove a large Christmas Tree farm
- Planting and caretaking of a new 100 plus fruit tree orchard.
- Keeps property clear of litter and other debris.
- Maintains records for the property including vehicle and tool servicing, tool inventory, regular maintenance and other valuable information.
- Makes changes to improve the function and efficiency of the buildings and grounds.
- Manages and maintains garden compost system.
- Maintains finished landscaping around house sites.
- Clears/trims limbs and performs some basic tree maintenance.
- Manages invasive exotic plant species removal projects.
- Cares for various farm animals that will included cows, donkeys, goats, chickens and bees.
- Helping set up and organize a new milking barn
- Helping with chickens (laying and broiler)
- Maintains all farm equipment, including hand tools, golf carts, ATV’s, mower, and tractors.
- Prepares property for and assists with large family events and parties.
- Keeps work/ home and storage spaces clear of clutter, removes trash from these spaces at least twice per week or as needed.
- We work 6 days a week and Sunday we rest.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- 1+ years of farm experience
- High school diploma or greater
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable motor vehicle record
- Background check will be done
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, mechanical equipment, tractors with implements, mowers, chainsaws, weed eaters, blowers, trucks, and small engines
- Basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and painting skills
- Experience managing large animals (e.g. horses, donkeys, cattle)
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a variety of practical situations and follow standardized procedures
- Ability to walk three miles or more per day, each day
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb ladders, reach, carry objects, and crawl in confined areas and be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to fifty (50) pounds independently and (100) pounds with assistance
Candidate must be goal-oriented; able to recognize, prioritize and complete tasks; and work safely and efficiently with others. Must possess a strong attention to detail with the ability to work independently. No smoking. No recreational drug use. Must have a positive attitude, be a self-starter and work well with a team. This is a family farm. Must like children and dogs. No Vax REQUIRED!
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
All Ranch Jobs, Cattle Ranch Jobs, Dairy Ranch Jobs, Entry Level Ranch Jobs, Equine Jobs, Family Ranch Jobs, Farm Ranch Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Horse Care / Training Jobs, Poultry / Chicken Ranch Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Hand Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Mechanic Jobs, Sheep / Goat Ranch Jobs