Granley Farm & Ranch
Family-owned and operated farm/ranch near Bainville, Montana is seeking a long-term employee to work alongside owners. We seed and harvest, around 900 acres, along with a 400-head cow/calf operation.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Will perform a wide variety of farm & ranch tasks including irrigating, haying, fencing, farming, working cattle, calving, completing general maintenance & upkeep, operating farm and heavy equipment, and other related activities. Duties and hours will vary by season.
- Must have a valid driver's license, some farm and/or ranch experience, or other experience demonstrating an aptitude for farm/ranch work.
- These qualifications are preferred but willing to teach them:
- Operation of all kinds of farm equipment.
- Semi-truck driving but a CDL is not required
- Center pivot and wheel line irrigation systems maintenance and repair knowledge
- Mechanical knowledge for vehicle, tractor and other equipment maintenance and repair
- Welding skills
- Knowledge of cattle health and handling
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Applicant must:
- Be able to learn, listen and follow directions
- Be self-starter and able to work without direct supervision
- Be able to work well with others
- Be willing to work flexible hours, days and weeks. Work will typically be Monday through Friday with an occasional Saturday but will be 7 days a week during harvest, seeding and calving
- Be able to communicate to include asking clarifying questions
- Be honest and take responsibility for mistakes
WAGES: Entry wage negotiable and DOE. Other benefits include housing, paid utilities, seasonal bonus, and work truck.
APPLICATION / TO APPLY: Call Dave Granley (at phone number listed); or Submit a letter of interest, a resume detailing experiences related to the qualifications and requirements noted above to our address: Dave Granley, PO Box. 102, Bainville, MT 59212