We are a family owned and operated cattle, sheep, and hay ranch located in Northeastern California. Our ranch is spread over a large geographical area in a remote high-desert setting. We run a no-frills operation with older facilities and equipment. We handle our livestock in a low-stress manner and operate our equipment with the same mentality.
We are looking for an honest, hard-working, reliable self-starter to become a meaningful part of our operation. We are looking for a person who will perform all aspects of ranch work. The ideal candidate will have a background with cattle and sheep, mechanical and welding skills, as well as experience operating and maintaining equipment. We want a person who is willing to listen, take instruction, and apply their experience to the tasks at hand. This position could also work well for the right couple.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- keeping livestock well fed and watered while keeping an eye out for any illness or problems
- working and processing livestock (e.g. sorting and branding cattle)
- repairing fence and fence construction projects (e.g. installing braces, gates, and limited lengths of new fence line)
- maintaining equipment, ranch property, buildings, and corrals
- operating equipment (tractors, front-end loaders, backhoes, pickups, and atvs)
- irrigating pasture and hay fields
- haying and farming
Minimum pay per month is $3,612 for full-time employment (10 hours per day, 6 days per week). There is also the opportunity for increased compensation based on experience, performance, and ranch productivity. After one year, one beef and one lamb will be provided per year. There is housing available on the ranch.
Applicant must have a current driver's license, pass a background check, and submit to and pass a drug test.
We take COVID-19 very seriously here. Applicant must be willing to be vaccinated, wear a mask, sanitize their hands, and follow social distancing guidelines.
To apply, please send your resume and at least two references to Mary via email.