An executive level position reporting to the Senior Management of a diversified holding company. Total operational and profit and loss responsibilities for a multi-location agricultural and cattle ranching operation located in the Southeastern United States.
Among its other holdings, the owners have owned and operated agricultural operations for more than 30 years. They are committed to excellence in the operation, productivity and maintenance of its farming operations as well as in the production of raising and marketing cattle. Their managers are expected to take a hands-on approach in directing and supervising the work. Our employees are disciplined, schedule oriented, neat and clean, practical and process oriented. Senior management values positive employee relations as well as timely and accurate reporting.
The Manager will work closely with the Executive Team to ensure effective execution in all phases, and locations, of the operations. The ideal candidate will have strong organization, time management, communication and leadership skills, and be customer service oriented.
Primary Responsibilities and Scope:
- Work with Senior Management Team to build a long-term strategic plan, then lead implementation and execution.
- Lead team in executing the plan model and oversee all phases of daily ranching activities and a hunting operation including task scheduling, pasture management, forage production, animal feeding, animal processing, animal health, record keeping, facility and equipment maintenance, etc.
- Work with Controller to construct an annual budget and lead regular budget review meetings.
- Assists in development of monthly financial reports, and maintenance of annual budget.
- Work with Managers on special projects as part of developing and executing corporate goals and objectives.
- Work with business partners to maximize cattle health, performance and profitability.
- Oversee cattle programs and ensure all standards and audit certifications are being met.
- Work with Ranch Supervisors to execute day-to-day operations.
- When applicable, lead crews to accomplish tasks and projects.
- Work with HR Director to create protocols to ensure safety and security of all assets including team members, equipment, forage, feed and animal inventories.
- Oversite of all personnel matters including proper staffing, hiring, compensation, employee performance and people development.
- Assist Managers in the planning, scheduling and executing construction and capital improvement projects on Ranch infrastructure.
- Assist Managers in the ongoing maintenance and operations of the Ranch to ensure all buildings, roads and fences are maintained to meet the highest level of quality.
- Work hours may vary with evening, weekend, or holiday work required depending on the season and associated work duties.
- Ability to work well as a member of a high functioning team and develop effective working relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Working in a livestock ranch environment a plus.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to perform or oversee any ranch activity.
- Strong desire to be part of a dynamic, work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word). Comfort and desire to learn new technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with financial modeling.
- Ability to conduct research and analyze data to help solve complex problems
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds and work in extreme hot and cold environments.
- Must have valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Education & Business Requirements:
Ideal candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree, MBA ideal, along with a minimum of 10 years progressive business operations and management experience.
Candidates selected to be interviewed will:
- Be able to evidence a history of successfully developing and implementing annual business plans.
- Be able to demonstrate by his/her experience the ability to interface with senior management in a sophisticated corporate environment.
- Possess the leadership qualities and management experience necessary to effectively manage a diverse exempt and nonexempt work force.
- Be able to demonstrate a proficiency in interpreting and presenting financial statements.
Owner offers a competitive compensation package including comprehensive benefits and an attractive bonus opportunity.
All offers are contingent upon:
- ability, as required by federal law, to establish employment eligibility as a U.S. citizen, a U.S. lawful permanent resident, or an individual specifically authorized for employment in the U.S. by the Immigration and Naturalization Service, and
- acceptable remarks from professional references,
- consenting to and passing a security background check to the satisfaction of the Company, including confirmation of employment and education
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden