The BigWoods On The Trinity
The BigWoods On The Trinity HEAD CHEF
A 7,500 acre fair chase Texas trophy buck, wild boar, and flooded timber mallard hunting paradise just 90 minutes south of Dallas. Five star hunting lodge amenities, wireless internet, conference facilities, a theater room, a 500 yard rifle range, gourmet food, trophy bass fishing and no limit (that's right) on kills on your wild hog hunt, explain why our re-booking rate exceeds 90%.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced, reliable individual who has the culinary chops to work independently, has a passion for good food and has the ability to understand and manage food costs. The successful candidate will be well versed in all aspects of the operation of a clean, efficient, and nutritious kitchen, as well as a positive / productive attitude and will not hesitate to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done with a commitment to the highest standards of food safety, cleanliness and sanitation.
This role will be a permanent, roughly 30hr/week position during hunting season, every year, September until May. Although currently a seasonal position, adjustments for additional employment during the summer months are possible. It will be up to you. This will be a 5 day work schedule, weekends required.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- MENU PLANNING
- As Chef at The BigWoods you will have the freedom to cook however you like – this is an opportunity for a chef to be creative and use their skills to create high quality, made from scratch comfort food
- You will be responsible for ordering all items needed for the week
- There is an expectation you will have an understanding of food costs
- MEAL PREP/COOKING
- You must be comfortable with cooking a wide variety of items (fish, meat, vegetables, desserts etc)
- Food will be made from scratch – there is an expectation that minimal amounts of frozen and canned foods will be part of everyday meals
- CLEAN UP
- Keeping a clean work area and equipment used in food preparation
- After meal service, you will be responsible for cleaning guest dishes
- A weekly deep clean of the kitchen will be performed
- This position interacts daily with our guests serving breakfast and dinner for numbers ranging from 2 to 20. We expect our chef to be friendly, helpful and courteous to guests
- Ability to manage and address guest concerns, responds promptly to guest needs, solicits guest feedback to improve service
- Minimum 2 years of food preparation experience in a professional kitchen
- Knowledge of proper food handling, storage, and safety protocols and regulations
- The ability to read, write, and follow directions in a recipe
- Seniors encouraged to apply
To apply: Forward your employment history and references contact info to our email address.
No phone calls, please.
Email Address Hidden
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address. Or call for more info.