Mountain Sky Guest Ranch
Mountain Sky is located in the Paradise Valley and is one of the premiere guest ranches in the US.
The ideal wrangler candidate will demonstrate both excellent customer service and strong horsemanship skills. (Please note: if you are also qualified to teach skeet shooting and fly fishing as well as riding, contact us for an application to our sister ranch, West Creek Ranch.)
Job duties include:
- Guiding on 17,000 private acres, plus many more acres of Gallatin National Forest that border the ranch. Trail rides are not the typical boring nose-to-tail walking dude rides. Our guests stay for a week at a time, and come to ride! We lead walk, trot, and lope rides, all with a heavy instruction component.
- Overseeing the training of an assigned project horse, which will only be ridden by that wrangler until they become guest horses. A two-day intensive horsemanship clinic kicks off every summer to better prepare our wranglers for work with these project horses.
- Managing the health of our herd of +/-160 head. We work closely with a renowned vet out of Billings who does a doctoring clinic with us at the beginning of the season. We work on lameness evaluations and general equine first aid so that we are able to handle almost everything that comes up in house.
- Moving the herd in and out of pasture every day (wranglers are horseback for this process, which typically takes between one and two hours).
- Wranglers may bring a personal horse and shoes and board will be covered at 100% by the ranch as long as the wrangler uses that horse to guide rides.
- Steers are available 7 days a week for wranglers to work in their off time. The ranch also runs cows, and wranglers will have the opportunity to assist the ranch foreman with moving and doctoring cattle as their schedule permits.
- Accommodations and great food are provided to staff as part of their compensation
- All guest activities are available to staff (rafting, golfing, yoga, pool, hot tub, gym, tennis courts, saloon, dance night with live band, etc)
To apply, please email your resume, including contact information and the answers to the following questions (below) to [FILLED] . If possible, include a picture of yourself riding.
- 1) Describe your horse experience, including your preferred discipline and any experience starting colts or riding green horses. Please be specific about the number of years of experience you have.
- 2) Do you have any experience teaching people to ride?
- 3) Your dates of availability between May 1 and October 31. (Minimum availability is mid-May-August 26th, and longer is strongly preferred.)
- 4) Would you plan to bring a horse with you? If so, please provide information about that horse, its level of training, and any experience it has had in a herd environment.
Please note that we cannot accommodate dogs and are not able to provide family housing. Applicants who are unable to do a live riding interview will be required to submit a riding video after their application is reviewed.
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden
Montana Ranch Jobs