Work in the spectacular mountains of Montana & Wyoming! Just traveling to this exclusive, remote, and unique Ranch is an experience to remember!
Silver Tip Ranch is a private, remote guest ranch. It is located 25 miles from the nearest town, 12 of which are only accessible by horse or wagon.
About Silver Tip Ranch
- We border the boundary of Yellowstone National Park and a Wilderness area. The Ranch runs on generators and batteries that supply all of the electricity. The guests visit with family and friends, many of whom have been coming for generations! The ranch can accommodate about 18 guests. During their visit, they enjoy trout fishing, hiking, eating, relaxing and riding the mountain trails.
- All employees live and stay on the Ranch for the season which is from about June 10th to September 15th or so. The first week of guests are scheduled to arrive around June 27th. The first few weeks involve spring cleaning of the buildings, training, and general preparations for the guests’ arrival.
- The Ranch runs on a weekly rotation, guests leave on Saturday morning and new ones come in on the same day. The lodge and other guest buildings are cleaned from top to bottom before the next guests arrive. Saturday is a big day for all of the employees! Everyone helps to unload or load the wagons especially on Saturday and Thursday, which is grocery day.
The housekeeper/server position starts at $2,000 a month with one day off a week. Below are some of the duties you would take on.
Working as a team and getting along with other employees is expected and essential for the Ranch to run as smooth as possible. Employees must show up for work with a good attitude, ready to provide excellent customer service until the end of the season!
A variety of these tasks would be performed 6 days per week:
This position's duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Help ranch staff with spring cleaning and fall winterizing of all ranch buildings.
- Clean all guest quarters on a daily basis.
- Inventory ranch linens.
- Set up and serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner for ranch guests.
- Assist Head Cook with minimal amount of food preparation. Clean dining area and wash all guest dishes. Aid Crew Cook with set-up and clean up of staff meals.
- Launder kitchen and cleaning linens.
- Deep clean guest buildings once a week.
- Unloading wagons and putting away ranch consumables.
- Perform other ranch duties as needed.
- Ability to provide quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner.
- This position is supervised by the co-ranch manager and head cook.
- Some experience for this position would be great; however we would be willing to do extensive training. A valid driver’s license is required and there will be a policy and waver to be signed when you arrive as well as an I-9 form and a w-4.
The Employee Experience
I sat down at the lunch table at Silver Tip today and asked some of our return employees about their experience here. One of the ladies that is returning for her 3rd year mentioned that she "appreciated the positive work environment and Silver Tip felt like a personalized experience instead of a corporate environment. I also like the room and board accommodations because you get your own private room!" One of the guys also returning for his 3rd year chirped up and said, "Yeah, its more small scale and home-style." Some agreed that it was a place that gave the opportunity to acquire new and usable skills. Some said they still kept in touch with other staff in the offseason. Still more agreed that they loved the food!
Bottom line, even though we expect high standards, good work ethic, and you taking pride in your job, we also want you to enjoy being here, make possible lasting friendships, take newly acquired skills out into the future and to generally be happy with your life here at the Ranch, enjoying the fresh air and majestic scenery of the mountains while on the job!
The Ranch seeks hard-working individuals willing to contribute to a professional, friendly atmosphere with excellent communication and strong customer service oriented thinking. They must not be afraid of long hours and hard work. Flexibility and working long hours, including weekends and holidays, is part of the job. Work requires occasional physical exertion and/or muscular strain. All staff will work with a wide variety of ages and cultures. All positions are considered equally important.
Room and Board
All food, including beverages and snacks, are free. There is no monthly charge for living and staying on the Ranch. We provide private bedrooms which are simple home-style accommodations. You will be sharing a bathroom with other staff. We also provide all bedding, towels, laundry soap, and a washer/dryer for free.
The Ranch has a computer for crew and guest use. As for cell service, Verizon has the best coverage.
While we understand many people have pets, most of the time it would not be possible for you to bring them to the Ranch.
All staff will receive a monthly salary and tips from a shared pool. Staff may be eligible to receive an end-of-season bonus if they complete the amount of time agreed upon with no job performance issues.
Due to the remoteness of the Ranch, past crew members have indicated that it is a great place to save money! Days off can be spent riding, fishing, relaxing, or hiking in some of Montana's most spectacular back-country!
Getting Here and Getting Around
We are very remote! Past employees have indicated that it is very helpful to have their own transportation. If you do not have a vehicle, we will help make other arrangements.
How to Apply
Please fill out the answers to our questions on the application if you are interested in a position.
To apply, please follow the directions stated below.
Please email with: A short detailed message about yourself, the position you are interested in and anything about yourself you would like to include.
- A resume
- At least 3 references from past jobs, their names, phone number, how you are acquainted and the reason that job ended.
- A recent personal full body photo, due to the unique nature of traveling into a remote area on wagons.
- Candidates who can work the entire season are given hiring priority; however this does not mean that you would not necessarily be hired. Be sure to indicate your earliest date of arrival and the latest date that you would be available to work.
Are you at least 18?*
Due to the nature of some of our positions we require our staff to be at least 18.
Are you eligible to work in the United States?
Do you possess a valid driver's license?
Have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony?
A 'Yes' answer does not automatically disqualify you from employment.
We will email or call qualified candidates to set up a interview.
Email Address Hidden
All Ranch Jobs, Cook / Chef Jobs, Entry Level Ranch Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Housekeeping Jobs, Internship / Apprentice Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Hand Jobs, Resort Ranch Jobs, Summer Ranch Jobs, Wait Staff / Kitchen Staff Jobs