Looking for a live in ranch manager/caretaker (or couple) for a beautiful, 40 acre property in Upper Ojai, California.
⚠️ NOTE: Applicants preferable from Ojai County, Ventura County, Santa Barbara County or nearby.
- Landscape, irrigation experience.
- Experience with basic ranch equipment ( tractors, lawn mower) and solid mechanical knowledge required. Basic construction experience, painting, fixing odds and ends around the property, upkeep of the property.
- Strong managerial and organizational skills to oversee landscaping , pool and manage construction projects when needed.
- Hospitality, communication and people skills required.
- Previous ranch management experience required
- Knowledge of landscaping, agriculture, water, irrigation
- Must have valid driver’s licenses, clean driving record, no criminal record or outstanding warrants, and drug free. Will provide housing on property, truck for use on ranch business, competitive salary and benefits.
- Oversee and participate in the upkeep of the ranch from landscaping to pool to tasks on the structures. Hands on work. Source and oversee other workers on the property.
- Oversee bidding and construction of various ranch projects. Be the eyes and feet on the ground for easy going but busy owners who need help running the property. This is a private family home. Not a business.
- Manage maintenance of owned equipment (tractors, vehicles, etc). Operate and perform basic repairs or source people who can.
- General up-keep of the property, including landscaping, pool, water systems, irrigation.
- Ability to perform light electrical, plumbing and carpentry and operate ranch equipment if required.
- Manage ranch access by approved visitors / business partners.
- Ability to take on special projects assigned by owners on an as need basis
- A sense of humor 🙂, Dedicated, takes pride in their work. Dog friendly.
This ranch is a magical place that's full of California history. We're looking for someone who will treat this as their own and take pride in the renovation and upkeep of this gorgeous property. Looking for that special person (or couple) who can take over the daily needs of the ranch and appreciates the goals if have to create a beautiful oasis for family and guests.
We do not have livestock or horses. Just two dogs.
English speaking required. Spanish a plus but not required.
NOTE: Applicants preferable from Ojai County, Ventura County, Santa Barbara County or nearby.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Administrative/Operations Jobs, All Ranch Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Caretaker Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples / Teams, Ranch Manager Jobs, Ranch Mechanic Jobs