Johnson Ranch Inc.
We are seeking an experienced individual for full time, long term employment to help in all aspects of farming/ranching. The candidate must be motivated and capable of working farm hours as necessary, both supervised and unsupervised.
Job includes all facets of small grain, organic farming/conventional farming & livestock handling/husbandry. Mechanical aptitude, heavy machinery operation experience and/or CDL is a plus.
If you feel you are a reliable, ambitious, respectful person able to work well the others and alone, please send a bio or resume to the email provided.
For any other additional information see full job description below; or call Matt at phone # provided.
Visit website here: https://jrifarm.wordpress.com/
Full Job Description:
Description and Overview:
Johnson Ranch Inc. is primarily a large scale, organic, small grain farm in northeastern Montana producing in appropriate years: Wheat, Kamut, Barley, Lentils, Millet, Flax, Garbs, and an array of cover crops. In addition to field crops, the farm also manages a cow/calf operation and hay production.
We are seeking an experienced candidate for full time employment to help in all facets of our operation. The candidate must be capable of working farm hours as necessary, both supervised and unsupervised.
We hope to assist in the opportunity for someone to learn about sustainable farming methods that transition into their own farm as opportunities arise.
- Assist in the daily procedures of large scale organic and chemical crop production including planting, weed control, cultural management, plant health and maturity observations, harvesting, storage and transportation.
- Assist in livestock production activities including; calving, branding, weaning, health, feeding, fence and corral maintenance and construction.
- Safely operate heavy and light farm and shop equipment.
- Carry out repairs and routine maintenance on tractors and equipment.
- Aid in operations being completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Organize and conduct shop work in an effective manner.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of equipment, buildings and grounds.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, contractors, and employees.
- Contribute to a fun, team oriented, challenging work environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of equipment, livestock, and crop production.
- Capable of performing routine maintenance and making equipment repairs.
- Capable and willing to work long hours necessary in farming
- Capable of heavy lifting, walking fields and operating trucks, tractors, and equipment.
- Have a valid Drivers License (CDL a plus)
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate and manage multiple job tasks.
- Highly organized and possess work ethics with the highest integrity.
- Ability to learn new technologies for production and record keeping.
- Willing to learn and share knowledge.
- Able to live in a remote area.
- Crop production, including precision guidance technology.
- Operation and maintenance of livestock systems.
- Putting up hay and forage crops
- Flood irrigation systems
- Farm machinery and equipment operation and maintenance
- Welding and shop work repairs
Work Hours & Expectations:
- Work week: Mon-Fri. and some Saturdays
- Long hours during the growing season (April-November)
- Flexible hours during the winter (December-March)
- No alcohol during work hours
- Non-smoker preferred– smoking in vehicles, equipment, buildings
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary to be determined based on experience
- Work Pickup
- Housing included
- Production Bonus
- Paid holidays and time off
Johnson Ranch Inc. is a progressive growing organic farm offering the opportunity to advance your agricultural career.
To apply: Interested candidates should send a résumé detailing work experiences, and salary requirements to Matt via email. Qualified candidates will be notified to schedule an interview.