Full-time ranch foreman and part-time hostess/cook/housekeeper needed for family-owned 700 acre ranch in Fort Bend County, approximately one hour southwest of Houston Texas. Knowledge of and hands-on experience with cattle ranching, wildlife management, farming, ranch equipment, and building maintenance/repair. Housing and health benefits provided. Requires valid Texas driver license. Background check and drug testing required. Serious inquiries only.
Family-owned recreational hunting and cattle ranch looking for a hardworking, honest, hospitable married couple to help manage operations. Looking for a year-round, full-time ranch foreman and a part-time hostess/cook/housekeeper (generally Thursday through Sunday).
Must be willing to roll up your sleeves and make things happen to improve the property and operations. While there may be occasional contract labor to assist with projects, this position requires the ability and desire to work in the Texas heat, alongside the contract labor.
Must live on premises. Salary based on experience. Housing, utilities, health insurance and benefits provided.
Ranch Foreman (husband): Full-time position. Outdoor work requiring physical strength and stamina; must be organized and efficient with good communication skills (both verbal and written); computer literate
• Direct the breeding and raising of cattle (cow/calf operation), including record maintenance, working with and shipping cattle, handling cattle sales
• Provide animal care for cattle, poultry and horses
• Hire, train and/or supervise contract workers
• Manage third-party contractors and project budgets from initial concept to completion
• Manage vendor relationships for supplies
• Build, inspect, maintain and repair ranch structures (buildings, fences, roads, gates, etc.) and equipment as needed and as listed on preventive maintenance schedule
• Operate, maintain, and repair farm equipment
• Maintain operational and maintenance records
• Maintain swimming pool
• General landscaping and mowing
• Plan, plant, cultivate and harvest crops; assist with haying
• Range and wildlife management, including feeding, aging and surveys
• Competency with “handy-man skills” – plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry
• Water well knowledge and experience
• Heavy equipment operator a plus
• Report to ranch owner on regular basis
• General computer skills – email, scan, fax
Hostess/Cook/Housekeeper (wife): Part-time position. Mostly indoor work; must be extremely organized and efficient; computer literate. Option to seek employment outside the ranch, if desired.
• Routine housekeeping of all houses
• Launder all linens (sheets, towels, bath towels, etc.)
• Maintain inventory of groceries and cleaning supplies
• Create and maintain a preventive maintenance program for houses
• Weekend preparation of main house for owners and guests, including meals
• Assist with landscape maintenance, gardening and vegetable farming
• Provide significant assistance with recordkeeping and bookkeeping for entire ranch
• Capable of providing light babysitting of elementary aged children, as needed
• General computer skills – email, scan, fax, internet search
• Assist other ranch staff, as needed
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden