Seeking an experienced, motivated couple to live on and care for a recently purchased family owned ranch deep within the Sequoia National Forest. The immediate goals for a caretaker are to ensure the property is well looked after, oversee light renovations required to make cabins ready to rent, and help maintain and enhance the property. Depending on permitting timing, in 2022 the role will grow to encompass managing between 2 to 5 Airbnb rental cabins. We are accepting applications for an immediate start date.
- 320+ acre off grid property
- 100% surrounded by the Giant Sequoia National Monument
- Fully paved gated forest road access, including gated 2 mile private paved road
- 5,000’ altitude keeps summers temps mild.
- All 4 seasons but most of the year is perfect, sunny, and dry CA weather.
- Multiple large waterfalls and stream flow in and out of the property
- Private trail access to Kern River and world-class fishing
- 30 minutes from the nearest neighboring privately owned land
- Several cabins and shops
- Helipad and helicopter hangar
- Corrals (but no horses at the moment)
Job qualifications and duties (including but not limited to):
- Understating of how to manage an Airbnb rental business
- Greet future Airbnb cabin rental guests at forest service gate
- Cleaning guest cabins after guests stay (3 rental cabins + 1 owner’s cabin)
- Work weekends as needed and some holidays once cabin rental business is established.
- General familiarity with HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, solar, generator, fueling, camera, internet systems
- Solicit bids from local contractors and manage improvement and maintenace projects.
- Ability to do basic maintenance of on site ranch equipment including oil changes (Polaris UTVs, Tractor, generators, etc)
- Ability to operate John Deere Tractor
- Maintenance of trails, roads, and fences on property
- Pick up mail and deliveries at neighboring ranch 13 miles away
- Keep road accessible with Ford pickup mounted snow plow (significant snowfall is only a few times a year)
- Assist with wildfire risk reduction efforts
- Couple team must live on-site and be comfortable living in the mountains year round in an isolated environment. The property is about 1 hour from the nearest school or place with cell phone reception, and 2 hours from the nearest city large enough to have a Walmart (Bakersfield and Porterville, CA).
- Strict background check and references required.
- Prior experience as a property caretaker and experience with living in a remote setting is critical.
- Company will reimburse relocation expenses
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Benefits package with health insurance, vacation, etc.
- Included on-site housing with utilities, phone, and internet paid for
- You will be provided a new Ford truck, new Polaris Ranger XP1000, and fuel card
- Flexible budget to acquire equipment as needed.
- Beautiful location for living, riding, and fishing
- Nobody else on the property for many days / weeks of the year. Complete solitude.
- You can have your own horses or pets on-site if you have them.
Please email your resume. It is helpful to include a cover letter.
Administrative/Operations Jobs, All Ranch Jobs, Guest / Dude Ranch Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Caretaker Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples / Teams, Ranch Manager Jobs, Ranch Mechanic Jobs, Ranch Supervisor Jobs