Wolf Creek Ranch
Residential Development Ranch Manager
Wolf Creek Ranch in Wasatch County, Utah is seeking a Ranch Manager to oversee 13,200 acres of Mother Nature’s finest. The Ranch is set on a sloping high-alpine plateau and consists of 81 160-acre lots plus associated common areas. Adding to the expanse of open space, the Ranch is nestled against 2.2 million acres of the Uinta National Forest, stretching all the way to the Wyoming border. With 27 miles of paved roadway, 60 miles of trails and plenty of open spaces the Ranch is an outdoorsman’s delight.
The Ranch Manager will report directly to the HOA Board President and collectively to the HOA Board. The Ranch Manager works directly with the HOA Board to develop the Ranch’s annual $2 million budget and operating plan and is responsible for overseeing revenues and expenditures in line with the budget and accomplishing the key objectives of the annual plan. The Ranch Manager is responsible for the Ranch staff, including hiring and termination decisions, staff performance and development and organization and resource allocation.
The Ranch Manager will oversee stewardship of the Ranch’s environmental and ecological treasures, including abundant wildlife, and implementation of the Ranch’s non-native and invasive weed program. The Ranch Manager will work closely with local, county and state resources including the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, the Utah Department of Natural Resources and the Utah Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands in achieving the Ranch’s environmental and ecological objectives.
The Ranch Manager has overall responsibility for the operations and maintenance of the Ranch, including:
- Policies and procedures for Ranch maintenance and operations;
- All Ranch common area facilities and amenities, including yurts, ponds, fences, buildings, stables and homes;
- All security gates, electronic entry systems and surveillance cameras;
- All Ranch equipment, including vehicles, maintenance equipment and snow removal equipment;
- And all paved roads and trails, including annual road maintenance and trail grooming.
Importantly, the Ranch Manager is responsible for year-round security, including a dedicated security team, snow removal activities during the winter months and programs designed to comply with the Ranch’s Conservation Easement and preserve the Ranch’s greenbelt tax status.
The Ranch Manager must be familiar with the Ranch’s governing documents, including CC&Rs, the Conservation Easement, the Comprehensive Stewardship Plan and the Architectural/Technical Committee Guidelines. The Ranch Manager will be responsible for assisting the HOA Board in ensuring compliance with these governing documents. The Ranch
Manager is a member of each of the Ranch’s HOA committees and will be expected to attend meetings of these committees.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Ten year’s or more experience managing large residential developments including owners with high expectations (certification under the Community Association Managers International Certification Board’s (CAMICB) Certified Manager of Community Associations (CMCA) is a plus);
- A working knowledge (generally hands on) of the most important systems of a large development, including roads, buildings, power systems, waste management, vehicles, equipment and water operations;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and will lean towards frequent communication with the HOA Board and owners around important issues;
- The ability to communicate difficult issues to owners without pulling punches or causing offense;
- A working knowledge of financial statements, budgets and the control processes that ensure the protection of the Ranch’s assets;
- A proven track record of safe operations, including the staff, homeowners and visitors;
- And references that support a history of strong character and integrity.
The Ranch provides on-site housing for the Ranch Manager and his/her family, a competitive compensation package including a car allowance and basic benefits.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter, resume and references to:
Email Address Hidden
Phone Number Hidden
Utah Ranch Jobs