Circle Z Ranch
The two Cook positions at Circle Z Ranch for our 2021-2022 season begins on Mid-September, 2021 for one of the cooks and Mid-October for the second. Both positions end mid-April 2022.
Circle Z Ranch is seeking two Ranch Cooks that can meet our high standards of delicious, homemade meals while incorporating their own recipes and flair. We serve a variety of cuisines and special diets including, but not limited to, Hypoallergenic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Asian, Mexican, and Italian. We provide an assortment of tried and true Circle Z recipes that are the building blocks for your weekly menus.
The Cooks position will require exceptional communication and organization skills, as well as the ability to perform multiple culinary skills including cooking, baking, prepping, and planning.
We will split the cooks into two areas depending on the strengths. One will be responsible for the daily breakfast/lunch while the other is responsible for the ordering of inventory and dinner prep. Both are responsible for meal planning. There will be a prep cook in addition to help with prep, baking and cookouts.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner for ranch guests and staff (30 – 70 individuals)
- Prepare baked goods for guests
- Prepare other assigned meals as directed
- Ensure proper presentation of meals
- Serve meals to guests and answer food inquiries
- Communicate goals and expectations with other kitchen staff
- Plan menu with supervisor
- Comply with Santa Cruz County Health Department requirements
- Review food costs with supervisor and maintain budgetary expectations
- Plan inventory needs with supervisor
- Place the twice weekly food orders and meet monthly budgets
- Check quality of food and supplies
- Responsible for kitchen cleanliness including washing of pots and pans in cook cleaning station
- Help keep walk-in and dry storage organized and clean
- Leave kitchen clean and ready for the next shift
- Efficiently adjust to last minute changes
- Attend staff and department meetingsAbility to plan meals based on dietary needs
- Adjust to last minutes changes
- Keep walk-in, dry storge, and freezer clean and organized
- Keep track of sale dates and state of food (first in/first out)
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address, attention: George or Jennie Lorta.
Or click link below for more info:
Email Address Hidden