We are seeking an experienced horse and cattle rancher for our beautiful ranch in North Texas. We are looking for a clean individual(s) with a great overall work ethic. Must have a valid driver’s license to qualify.
Please do not apply if you have repeat criminal offenses on your record, use drugs, smoke and/or drink too much, or too often. We run a clean show at this ranch. We’re not looking for someone to ride our horses part time, who has other obligations, another job, is in school, or is a beginning ranch hand.
* Please include a resume and references with your application. *
CATTLE / EQUINE / LAND MANAGEMENT
- Experience and knowledge of cattle is a must; pay special attention during calving season; must know how to tag and doctor cattle; (roping skills are a plus)
- Equine knowledge and experience is required, as well.
- Must understand when to escalate problem(s) to ranch owners.
- Must understand land management.
- Must have experience with small-to-large ranch equipment and machinery. This includes, but is not limited to, tractors, skid-steer loaders, trailers, mowers, etc. Must know how to perform preventative maintenance, including oil changes, in all.
- We need a savvy and experienced workman skilled in manual and mechanical labor. This includes, but isn’t limited to, mending fences, cleaning buildings and barnyards, removing manure, etc.
- You can work at your own pace, as long as the work gets done on schedule, you have an overall respect for the ranch, and its owners. We can potentially offer housing based on your background and experience. A good hand equals good pay and paid time off. Some weekend work is required.
To apply, forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden