Looking for competent ranch hand for 4,000+ acre ranch located near Arco, Idaho. We are a small commercial cow/calf operation and typically run approximately 600 mother cows.
Vehicles provided on the ranch. Housing and utilities available, based on salary and applicants experience. Position is full time, permanent and available for immediate start.
You need to be honest, a self starter, and see the big picture. Must have a good attitude and work smart. The ranch has nice facilities and equipment and it needs to be maintained as such. Ability to communicate with the ranch owner, and other employees clearly and with respect is essential.
Responsibilities and preferred skills needed include:
- Diagnostics and repair of all types of vehicles and equipment
- Basic knowledge of cattle, heard health and nutrition
- Tagging, calving, processing, weaning
- Moving wheel lines, pivot maintenance and some farm equipment operation
- Fencing repair and construction
- Maintain ranch properties and improvements
- Check water, break ice and maintain wells, and watering facilities
- General understanding of plumbing, carpentry and basic electrical
- Mechanic skills and equipment maintenance
- Welding and fabrication
- Standard ranch maintenance; maintain quality fences, brush and weed control, yard and grounds maintenance
- Monitor security of all lands and assets
Long term opportunity in family friendly environment.
To apply, please forward bio & resume to our email address.
Email Address Hidden