Hardy Ranch LLC
Ranch Hand Position
About Hardy Ranch LLC
Hardy Ranch is a maintenance driven ranch focusing on preserving the quality of the land, livestock and natural resources. We are located north of Douglas, Wyoming.
This position is not a cowboy job; we utilize side by sides as daily transportation and for the use of herding livestock.
We are looking for an individual or a couple who is self motivated and energetic, with a can-do attitude that is willing to learn on the job.
Housing will be provided in a beautiful, newly renovated home with four bedrooms and two bathrooms. Appliances provided include: a fridge, dishwasher, microwave, washer and dryer. High speed Internet, dish network, and all utilities are provided.
A side by side will be made available for work purposes; it is outfitted with air conditioning and heat.
Salary begins at $2,000 a month per household, after a 90-day evaluation, changes may occur.
Individual/s are responsible for the care of livestock, land, mending/tending to fence lines, maintaining and servicing equipment, maintaining yards and structures. Essential tasks include:
- Daily chores (feeding livestock, caring for working dogs, cut and stack firewood)
- Aid in installation and maintenance of watering systems
- Operation and maintenance of heavy and light duty equipment
- Welding and shop work
- Build and maintain fence lines, snow structures, and corrals
- Flood irrigation of hay fields
- Eradication of prairie dogs and pocket gophers
- Eradication of weeds and application of pesticides
- Basic animal husbandry and veterinary tasks (including but not limited to feeding, checking water sources, distribution of salt and mineral, dosing of antibiotics and other medication, and basic doctoring)
- Assist in all operations regarding sheep work (including but not limited to weaning, shearing, shipping, and docking)
- Assist in moving sheep into various pastures and shelters based upon current weather and season
- Solid work ethic
- Decision making skills
- Communication skills
- Take pride in work well done
- Basic animal husbandry/veterinary skills
- Basic knowledge of welding and fabrication
- Operation of heavy machinery (skid loaders, feed trucks, side by sides)
- Basic carpentry
- General cleanliness and tidiness as a person
- Clean driving record
- Time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable to a wide variety of situations
- Be an effective problem solver
- Team player
To apply: Please email us with the following:
- A Resume
- Cover letter
- Contact Information
We look forward to hearing from you.
Email Address Hidden