Looking for a couple or two separate individuals to live on a 80 acre horse ranch in Fischer/Wimberley, TX. The owner is a long time rancher from South Texas and she has a vast knowledge of cattle ranching, but has pivoted into raising Gypsy Vanners. We are looking for employees to become an integral part of this beautiful property for the foreseeable future and help grow the ranch to its fullest potential. The property currently has two small houses, two large barns, corrals for the horses, a covered riding arena, garden/orchard, and other small buildings, with plans to build a large main house.
Suitable temporary housing will be provided for a 6 month “trial” period to make sure that this is a good fit for both parties; then a more permanent home on the property will be agreed upon.
Note: We are hoping to hire a couple that would split the following criteria, but we are open to two separate individuals that would collectively fulfill the job as described. (to clarify, you do not need to have all of the following requirements to apply)
- Experience with all aspects of horse husbandry
- Operate and maintain heavy equipment
- Knowledge of ranch property maintenance including irrigation, fence building/repair, welding, etc.
- Maintain landscaping, garden and orchard
- Basic handyman knowledge, including electrical, plumbing, and construction
- Supervise other employees or be supervised by head ranch manager depending on the situation
- Liaison between owner and GC and/or subs pertaining to new building projects
- General upkeep and maintenance of structures including stables
- Housekeeping including washing and ironing
- Running errands and light administrative work
- Light cooking preparation for healthy cooking
- Either a basic knowledge of First Aid/CPR skills and/or a willingness to learn
- Clean driving record and able to pass a background check
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus
Trust is of the utmost importance in finding the perfect person/s to fulfill this position. We believe that once that is established, a long lasting relationship will follow. The ranch is located in the middle of the beautiful Texas Hill Country with epic views of the Devil’s Backbone. In addition, it is within a hour of all the amenities of Austin and San Antonio.
Forward cover letter & resume to our email address.
Texas Ranch Jobs
Administrative/Operations Jobs, All Ranch Jobs, Cook / Chef Jobs, Equestrian Ranch Jobs, Equine Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Horse Care / Training Jobs, Housekeeping Jobs, Orchard Jobs, Ranch Caretaker Jobs, Ranch Foreman Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Jobs for Couples / Teams, Ranch Jobs with Housing, Ranch Manager Jobs