Sand Hill Ranch / Dunstan Wines
Responsible for care & upkeep of landscaping, homes, barns, and equipment on a private 500+ acre property in Sonoma, California. Reports to the owner and works in conjunction with the horse barn manager, other employees and outside contractors.
This is an on-call position which has irregular hours and requires the ability to self motivate, work alone without supervision, and to supervise and work alongside others.
This position is at times physically demanding and includes working with large hand tools and heavy equipment outdoors. Housing provided onsite.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Available on site or as on call caretaker of property
- Manage ranch hands / additional help / contractors
- Watchman: keeping an eye on the property and who is coming in and out
- Setting up appointments and meeting with outside contractors
- Landscape maintenance
- Irrigation systems – seasonal adjustments, maintenance and repair
- Seeding, mowing – pastures and lawns
- General sweeping and leaf blowing
- Weed eating, trimming, pruning, weed spraying/fertilizing
- Maintain drainage and erosion control
- Maintain trails and fencing
- Tractor work – arena and round pen
- Clean and maintain horse stalls, water, and pastures
- Able to haul horses to vet appointments, training facilities
- Shavings, hay, feed (help with orders and deliveries)
- Help prepare and set up for events hosted on property
- Maintaining equipment and proper safety
- Structures and surrounding areas include, but are not limited to:
- – – Horse barn
- – – Main house
- – – Guest house
- – – Office and garage
- – – Ranch Manager’s house
Forward bio & resume to our email.
Visit website here: https://www.dunstanwines.com/
Email Address Hidden
Administrative/Operations Jobs, Groundskeeping Jobs, Horse Care / Training Jobs, Private Ranch Jobs, Ranch Caretaker Jobs, Ranch Handyman / Maintenance Jobs, Ranch Manager Jobs, Ranch Mechanic Jobs, Wedding / Event Ranch Jobs, Winery / Vineyard Ranch Jobs